Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Chief Of Police Placed On Leave After Signing Pledge To Uphold Constitution

From what I see, this is a few months old, but still worth watching

Is the Fed govt closing down local police who support the constitution?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Default Re: Chief Of Police Placed On Leave After Signing Pledge To Uphold Constitution

CSPOA Is showing the same concerns as citizens when it comes to Obama visitors from the south
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Chief Of Police Placed On Leave After Signing Pledge To Uphold Constitution

Talk about a nine eyed baby.....

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The Village of Jemez Springs fired its police chief this week, citing questions that arose after airport security officials questioned the officer for his use of two names, the village said in a written statement.

The Jemez Springs Village Council voted Wednesday night to fire Chief Shane Harger, saying alleged actions showed “poor judgement” and exposed the village to potential liability, according to the statement posted on the village’s website.

The Journal was unable to reach Harger for comment Thursday.

Federal Transportation Security Administration officials in Albuquerque questioned Harger last month after it was found that his driver’s license showed a name different than that on his airline boarding pass.

Jemez Springs Mayor Edmond Temple said Thursday that Harger’s dismissal was not a direct consequence of the TSA incident or the fact that Harger formerly used a second identity.

“We knew that he had two identities from day one,” Temple said in a phone interview.

A former Valencia County sheriff’s deputy, Harger was among the first officers to respond to a 911 call from former-APD officer Levi Chavez saying his wife had shot herself with a department-issue pistol.

Harger was a key prosecution witness in the 2011 trial in which Chavez was found innocent of his wife’s death.

Harger told village officials he had used the second identity while he lived out of state in a witness protection program, Temple said.

The decision to fire Harger emerged from information the village received after the TSA incident last month, Temple said.

The village council received information that Harger had “misled” an interview committee at the time he was hired last year, Temple said. He declined to discuss specifics of that information.

Temple said that Harger had also made false statement to a website and declined the village’s requests to “clarify” those comments.

A report posted Jan. 30 on the website infowars.com said Harger had been placed on administrative leave “and ordered to disband his police department” after he was “detained and harassed” by TSA officials en route to a sheriffs’ conference in Las Vegas, Nev.

The village council on Jan. 25 placed Harger on desk duty, but was never told to disband the police department, Temple said. Harger chose to take comp time rather than serve desk duty, he said.

“It just started to build that there were a whole series of issues that were disconcerting and raising questions of judgement,” Temple said.