Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I need a new 9mm pistol

Hey guys I'm wanting a new pistol. I'm looking to prolly replace my glock 19. I don't know why but I shoot it left. I've gotten better about it and at 7yds I'm only an inch or two but that's enough for me to try something else. My groups are great one ragged hole but left so let the shopping begin. I'm considering an m&p9, xdm9 and px4 9mm. I'm looking for suggestions for what you think of these as well as other options, I'm not lookin for sub compacts or all steel guns. I would like to stay polymer or aluminum frame. This gun will be my "fighting" pistol so OWB and IWB and definitely will be carried all year in the rotation; I will also be using it for any competitions I may decide to shoot. I'm pretty set on these three as my best options but definitely want to hear some other options.

(Berks County)

Default Re: I need a new 9mm pistol

It's that striker trigger release. Two handed hold, off hand 70% grip, trigger hand 30%. Try it dry fire and watch the front site not move. It's a hidden problem nobody will talk about, unless you ask.

(Bucks County)

Do you have the OEM sights on your G19? This might be a silly question but why don't you just adjust your rear sight? Or consider an aftermarket sight and adjust accordingly?

(Berks County)

If you want a new gun because of that problem you should go with a hammer gun. 1911, 92, hi-power, any of the old smiths.

(Westmoreland County)

Hitting left with the Glock is usually the result of using too little trigger finger causing you to push the gun left as you squeeze the trigger. Some claim this to be an error on the part of the shooter in proper gripping technique. Adjusting your grip slightly so you can get more finger on the trigger resulting in more of a straight pull back on the trigger will help.

In another sense having a gun that can't be fired to POA without having to contort a grip that otherwise feels natural to you can be a PITA . That being said you could just drift the rear sight a little to the right. If the gun had adjustable sights you wouldn't give it a second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    It's that striker trigger release. Two handed hold, off hand 70% grip, trigger hand 30%. Try it dry fire and watch the front site not move. It's a hidden problem nobody will talk about, unless you ask.
    Yea I'm familiar with all that and went through adjusting a bunch of things for my grip, stance, trigger finger as well as the rear sight. That's how I got it to shoot only 2"left. I can pick up my Ruger mk2 and shoot dead on wherever I point it. Also my LCR I can do the same even at 25 yds. It's just the glock.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemDave View Post
    Do you have the OEM sights on your G19? This might be a silly question but why don't you just adjust your rear sight? Or consider an aftermarket sight and adjust accordingly?
    I had the oem sights on it cause I had a set if XS sights and hated them. I recently switched the front sight to a hiviz green sight factory rear and not change in poi

Quote Originally Posted by pennlineman View Post
    Hitting left with the Glock is usually the result of using too little trigger finger causing you to push the gun left as you squeeze the trigger. Some claim this to be an error on the part of the shooter in proper gripping technique. Adjusting your grip slightly so you can get more finger on the trigger resulting in more of a straight pull back on the trigger will help.

In another sense having a gun that can't be fired to POA without having to contort a grip that otherwise feels natural to you can be a PITA . That being said you could just drift the rear sight a little to the right. If the gun had adjustable sights you wouldn't give it a second thought.
    Yea I tried that and am not liking how much I have to adjust my grip that much. I tried the trigger finger all the way to the first knuckle and it's still left. I think the grip may just be wrong for me cause it's only with my glock and the rear sight is pushed all the way over. Something I can grip better and feel more comfortable with I should be able to shoot better, something that has a more natural point of aim for me and a natural grip feel that I don't have to reach so much for.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Yea I tried that and am not liking how much I have to adjust my grip that much. I tried the trigger finger all the way to the first knuckle and it's still left. I think the grip may just be wrong for me cause it's only with my glock and the rear sight is pushed all the way over. Something I can grip better and feel more comfortable with I should be able to shoot better, something that has a more natural point of aim for me and a natural grip feel that I don't have to reach so much for.
    Try an XDm. My wife has one and I have to say it points a whole lot better in my hand the my Glocks do. Just pick it up and shoot it. If I had do to do it over again that is the route I'd take.

(Northampton County)

New poly or aluminum fighting gun?

CZ P01 fits the bill very well. PCR if you don't want a rail.

Out of the ones you mentioned the PX4 would be my top choice.

Don't count out a poly framed Baby Eagle either.

Competition you say too huh?

Grand Power K100 will outshoot your G19 any day. They have a compact too. Insanely good trigger.

If you like the whole striker thing a FNS or Steyr M9 are worth a look as well.

(Delaware County)

CZ P07

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast