Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Smile JULY 4TH.O/C N E PA

Another good reason to O/C today and everyday celebrateing our Independence ! Made to Lake Wallenpaupack fishing and caught a few fish and a lot more eyes on my hip from all the BBQ visitors,not much of any questions and onto Twin Rocks for Lunch and nary a wide eye from a packed restaurant,went there only because Spankys was overflowed with tourists in the street and could not get seating,lol.Onto tonight to Chinese Buffet in Tannersville,a few friends will try to make it there and O/C also ! Everyone have a safe 4th and proclaim our Independence ! Many have died for our freedoms in America,GOD BLESS our troops past present and future ! MDT

Default Re: JULY 4TH.O/C N E PA

I OC'ed on the lake yesterday too. Some of the NY/NJ people do give you some looks.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    I OC'ed on the lake yesterday too. Some of the NY/NJ people do give you some looks.
    C'mon. I live in the Poconos. It's not the gun that scares those who drive cars with front licenses plates. It's the 16th, 17th and 18th bullet in my Glock 17 that scares the Hell out of them.

If they're from NY, add the 11th through 15th to the fear factor as well.

I'm one of those NJ people I just keep the front plate off. I went to Weis and there was a constant stream of whispers from those who came up for the weekend.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    I'm one of those NJ people I just keep the front plate off. I went to Weis and there was a constant stream of whispers from those who came up for the weekend.
    I'm married to a Garden State transplant. She, too, has come to dislike the visitors from across the Delaware.

(Lackawanna County)

I was sad to not see any other open carriers at Kirby Park on the 4th. Had to be over 100K people there. Saw three other OC'ers there last year.

(Monroe County)

Was up in the Lake area Friday night. Overboards rest. Food was decent kind of pricey and portions were fair at best. People lookin at my Kimber 45 OC because there were NJ and NY plates in the parking lot.
    Than headed to Ehrhardt's for some Irish coffee after dinner treat. Sheriff Dept officer in parking lot making sure no cars were parking there for fireworks on the lake. Parked truck and my girlfriend goes" are you okay"? I go with what, she goes "because of your gun and we have to walk past sheriff officer". I go "Its legal, Im doing nothing wrong and if he thinks I am than I will let him know the law". Walked right past officer, he looked and said nothing. Had an irish coffee in the packed bar. Once again prob the most looks I have ever got since open carrying just over one year. Lots of NJ/NY in parking lot. But not a peep. Even walked outside down to the docks to check out some boats. On the way into parking lot Sheriif officer said "enjoy your weekend". Got to love Pa.!!