Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default I want to like the Glock 19, but this Walther PPQ...

I've had a Glock 17 for about a year and liked that. Figured a 19 would be just the correct carry version and checked them out. While looking I got a Walther PPQ for carry. I really like it, fits like an old t-shirt and the trigger is excellent.

I still continued to look for a deal on a 19. Found a Gen3 with factory night sights and bought that, but I just can't like it as much as the PPQ. I've always said a gun has to fit the user, but figured full size, compact size, one 'system', seemed Glock was the way to go. But I can't convince myself of the 19. In fact, the PPQ feels better to me than the 17 as well.

So I think I've decided to keep the 17 because of the proven reliability/toughness as my bedside/GTW gun. The Glock mags seem much tougher than the Walther mags. Stock mags for that and keep the PPQ for my CC for now.

Thoughts?

Default Re: I want to like the Glock 19, but this Walther PPQ...

Like you said, the gun has to fit the user. If you try and force yourself to like a gun that you don't, it's not going to work out. Follow your heart, or your hands really, and carry the gun that you do best with.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Centre County)

I carry a FDE 19 from time to time and shoot it well. It's a connector away from a good trigger and the size is right. However, the PPQ has a great trigger out of the box and just needs some night sights. You can sell the G19 for a small loss and carry on with the PPQ. The good thing about the 19/17 combo is the ability to use the 17 mags in both guns.

Hell, sell the 17 for a 5 inch PPQ and call it a day……

I never liked how a WML fit on the PPQ, which was my only turnoff…..
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Hell, sell the 17 for a 5 inch PPQ and call it a day……
    Good idea. I had that passing thought as well. Same 15 round mags fit both, but I believe Walther has a 17 round with extended grip available.

(Chester County)

I tried to like the M&P 9. It feels better in my hand than a Glock. Unfortunately it never grew on me. I'll admit, it's nothing special, but the Ruger SR9c is my most favorite firearm I own or have ever owned. Sure 1911s have better triggers, but the SR9c is just the best overall gun for me. I had a Glock 19 too. It wasn't a bad gun, but I just never fell in love with it. I'm looking at the Glock 30s right now. I want a .45acp for conceal carry that holds at least 10 rounds in a compact, "light" package. Not much can compete. I had a G30sf and thought it was a little too bulky. So I'll probably give the G30s a shot.

(Tioga County)

I decided to retire my Glock 17 from full time competition duty. It's just missing that last 5-10% I want out of a gun for comp use.

Same deal, I'm going to the PPQ and might buy the VP9 too. They seem to have that little bit extra of precision the Glocks don't have.

However I'm not getting rid of my Glock. Simple guns, reliable, easy to use and clean.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I decided to retire my Glock 17 from full time competition duty. It's just missing that last 5-10% I want out of a gun for comp use.
    There may be, IDK, some aftermarket stuff to help you out……(pls note extreme sarcasm)
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Bucks County)

I've put several thousand rounds through my Glock 19s over the past few years, and thousands more dry firing. After a lot of reading about the "Glock Trigger" issues, I finally developed a grip and trigger position that worked. But, damn, it just takes so much concentration to manage that creep and overtravel.

Then about a month ago I got the PPQ M2. I just kept dry firing it at Tanners as they filled out my paperwork. It was like all my beefs about the the Glock trigger were fixed, and then they gave it a better grip and made it more attractive, too.

I reserved judgment until a few trips to the range. For me, it shoots as well as my S&W revolvers on SA. I love this gun.

I'm keeping the G19s because they still fill a need, are reliable, and I have a metric crap-ton of mags and replacement parts. However, I'm getting a MechTech CCU in the next few days that one of the G19s will likely be dedicated to.

(Tioga County)

Glocks are very 1980s. Not that is bad, but technology and design has moved on and they are getting left behind. Other manufacturers got hammered for a while but are now catching up and surpassing Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I tried to like the M&P 9. It feels better in my hand than a Glock. Unfortunately it never grew on me. I'll admit, it's nothing special, but the Ruger SR9c is my most favorite firearm I own or have ever owned. Sure 1911s have better triggers, but the SR9c is just the best overall gun for me. I had a Glock 19 too. It wasn't a bad gun, but I just never fell in love with it. I'm looking at the Glock 30s right now. I want a .45acp for conceal carry that holds at least 10 rounds in a compact, "light" package. Not much can compete. I had a G30sf and thought it was a little too bulky. So I'll probably give the G30s a shot.
    Off topic, but you wont go wrong with the 30s!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast