Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I finally got to shoot the most accurate and reliable pistols ever made!

This weekend we were out in western PA visiting family for a graduation party.
    On Saturday afternoon, the weapons came out. There they were in all if their beautiful glory. Four Hi-points, a 9mm, a.40, a.45 and a 9mm carbine.

First impressions, they are butt-ugly and heavy. So I got to shoot them and: way top heavy, no likey the triggers, not very accurate. I couldn't hit shit with the carbine either. Then the bolt handle fell off and we had to search through the grass for it. Let's just say that they lived up to my expectations.

I wish I had known we'd be doing some shooting, Ida brought some fun stuff besides my 9 subcompact CC gun. Not the best thing for target shooting with +p HST's.

On the up side, I got to shoot a Bersa Thunder 380. I was pretty impressed with it. Felt good in my hand and it was pretty darned accurate too. I was knocking over beer cans at about 20 yds. I'd consider getting one if it didn't mean I'd have one more caliber to buy ammo for.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: I finally got to shoot the most accurate and reliable pistols ever made!

And que Wakefield in

(Erie County)

Default Re: I finally got to shoot the most accurate and reliable pistols ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

On the up side, I got to shoot a Bersa Thunder 380. I was pretty impressed with it. Felt good in my hand and it was pretty darned accurate too. I was knocking over beer cans at about 20 yds. I'd consider getting one if it didn't mean I'd have one more caliber to buy ammo for.
    So, you consider the Bersa to be the most accurate and reliable handgun ever made?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

blame the carpenter not the hammer. A little bird told me that Every one else was cloverleafing the 10 ring because they were never exposed to a silky smooth kimber trigger. Just say it, there were no FTF FTE and the bolt handle flew off from bump firing the carbine too much.

JBYB
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    ...There they were in all if their beautiful glory. Four Hi-points, a 9mm, a.40, a.45 and a 9mm carbine...
    I hope you used protection and washed it when you were done. Definitely don't want to catch Hi-point...
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    And que Wakefield in

No he only resides in threads of complete fantasy.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BestDefense=StrongOffense View Post
    I hope you used protection and washed it when you were done. Definitely don't want to catch Hi-point...
    I caught Hi-Point once. It is like herpes. It sticks around and no one wants you to share it with them.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    No he only resides in threads of complete fantasy.
    I thought the title was fantasy enough. I clicked into it knowing it would be a Hi-Point thread. It's an STD!!
    When in doubt, knifehand!

Thumbs up Re: I finally got to shoot the most accurate and reliable pistols ever made!

I know a person that has 5 Hi-Points and he likes them. We let him shoot other guns so he knows what good ones are, but he likes Hi-points.

As to the Bersa, he never said it was the best ever made. It's just nice. I have one and like it. It shoots a good as my PPK/S and the other .380's I've shot.
    No, it's not the King of the .380, but when I use good ammo, it has never failed.
    20 years USN - OSC

(Beaver County)

We used to fill the front tires of the old Massey with calcium to act as a counterweight...until I duct taped a c45 to front hook. I can pull stumps all day without any wheel lift.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

(Allegheny County)

Did you guys empty those beer cans before shooting them?

Last edited by Hawk; July 1st, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast