Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Lockable 10 drawer LED lit, clear front tool box as gun cabinet/ safe/ workbench?

Saw this on sale and it really got me thinking. With no kids in the house, living in the middle of no where, having limited space for a safe, and being modular can I do better for the price? I have 25 handguns in the collection in need of a home.

I figured I could floor mount it and add addition steel cable to the drawers if need be. Home Depot didn't have a floor model to play with however.

Thoughts?

Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Lockable 10 drawer LED lit, clear front tool box as gun cabinet/ safe/ workbench?

Wow, I wouldn't do it. Not meaning to offend you, but, you just announced to the world that you have 25 un-secured handguns, and are thinking of storing them in, what amounts to, 'expensive Tupperware' without locking devices. I know it says 'lockable' on the package, but REALLY just how long would it take a fat kid with a claw hammer to get a Butterfinger bar out of that thing?
    My recommendation (for what it's worth) sell one handgun, and get a safe, or sell two and get a REALLY good safe!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Lockable 10 drawer LED lit, clear front tool box as gun cabinet/ safe/ workbench?

Save your money. Just put all your guns in the living room with a note asking people not to steal them. It will be about as effective.

Maybe you could sell a couple of the 25 guns and get a safe for a few hundred bucks in craigslist. Hell, I only bought 5 guns and even I have a 1000 pound safe for about a buck a pound, and a second safe that I think weighs 1000 lbs or so. I that one for $80 on craigslist (the doors alone weigh 320 lbs).

It just amazes me what people will spend on stuff and then be too cheap to protect it.
    Last edited by free; June 30th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

(Berks County)

We've got a ton forum of asshats today.

Not sure where anyone said unsecured. But let me specify. I currently have all my handguns in protective gunsocks stacked on top of each other. I've outgrown my current chest safe.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Do you plan on adding more guns to the collection outside of the 25 you are in need of space for? If so my recommendations may change a bit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    We've got a ton forum of asshats today.

Not sure where anyone said unsecured. But let me specify. I currently have all my handguns in protective gunsocks stacked on top of each other. I've outgrown my current chest safe.
    oh, well, that changes everything!! A cheap tool box from Home Depot made in China will fulfill your weapon security needs quite nicely. Plus, you can get three of them for the price of a good safe. That's a bargain!

If I broke into a house, I would LOVE to find one of those tool chests full of guns. It would really make my day.
    Last edited by free; June 30th, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

(Lawrence County)

for the sticker price, you could get something a little better. None of these will be better than a quality safe, but probably more suited than a tool chest with clear drawers.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26639017?w...180956&veh=sem

http://www.amazon.com/Stack-On-GCB-5.../dp/B0049X99II

http://www.harborfreight.com/executive-safe-95824.html
    (Asian girl not included)

(Northampton County)

I got my Winchester 24 gun safe from TSC on sale for $600. Not too much more than the tool box and im sure its a bit more secure.
    You may find me dead in a ditch one day. But by God, I'll be lying in a pile of brass.

(Luzerne County)

$100 to $150 more and you can get an entry level gun safe that would be much better then that. I mean its a good idea but not safe in terms of protecting your investments if some one were to try to take them.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Lockable 10 drawer LED lit, clear front tool box as gun cabinet/ safe/ workbench?

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    oh, well, that changes everything!! A cheap tool box from Home Depot made in China will fulfill your weapon security needs quite nicely. Plus, you can get three of them for the price of a good safe. That's a bargain!

If I broke into a house, I would LOVE to find one of those tool chests full of guns. It would really make my day.
    I didn't notice , did the Home Depot 'gun safe' come with wheels for easier mobility?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast