Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Game Lands use permit proposal

I just saw in my local paper that the PA Game Commission wants people to buy permits to hike or what ever on State Game lands if they do not have a hunting license. This seems a little overboard to me. What do you think?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Game Lands use permit proposal

I fully support this. If a person needs to have a permit to shoot at a public range a person should have a permit to access the public game lands. This includes hikers joggers walking and people on quads.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

That would stir up a shitstorm of protest from non-hunters. There are some major trails going through SGL's, like the Laurel Highlands Hiking Trail and the North Country Trail.

(Adams County)

at first I thought how money hungry is this. but then I read the second post and changed my mind. after all we pay for these lands with taxes. so if one group has to get a permit all should.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I fully support this. If a person needs to have a permit to shoot at a public range a person should have a permit to access the public game lands. This includes hikers joggers walking and people on quads.
    The range permit pays for upkeep of the range. Hiking across an SGL doesn't cost the state anything. So there's no financial reason to charge hikers.

And if the PGC wants to get into a pissing match with non-hunters, hunters could find themselves paying extra to hunt in state parks. A permit to hunt on DCNR-controlled public lands makes as much sense as a hiker getting a permit for an SGL. Do we want to go down that road?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The range permit pays for upkeep of the range. Hiking across an SGL doesn't cost the state anything. So there's no financial reason to charge hikers.

And if the PGC wants to get into a pissing match with non-hunters, hunters could find themselves paying extra to hunt in state parks. A permit to hunt on DCNR-controlled public lands makes as much sense as a hiker getting a permit for an SGL. Do we want to go down that road?
    Game rangers get paid. They already went down the road with the range permit.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Cambria County)

Do you really suport it, or is it retaliatory. Personally I would say that I don't support having to buy permits to use public land. Hikers should not need permits to walk on a trail, and shooters sbouldn't need a permit to shoot at a range.

I think retaliatory legislation gobbles up our rights as much as anything else. Two wrongs dosen't make a right.

(Butler County)

Game rangers get paid. They already went down the road with the range permit.
    Game rangers get paid. So do DCNR rangers. So by that reasoning, hunters should have to pay extra in state parks.

A fee just to to walk in the woods. What will they think of next.

(Lancaster County)

I can remember not too long ago,some hikers and bicycle riders pissin and moanin about how dangerous it was ,for them to use SGLs during hunting season ?they could be shot while enjoying the outdoors ! after all the SGLs are payed for through taxes..... WRONG,SGLs are paid for by hunting license sales, my thought was .If you wish to hike,ride on SGLs,you must purchase a Pa. hunting license. seems fair to me !

(Westmoreland County)

Just another example of a broke, over reaching, over spending government entity trying to squeeze the tit of society a little harder. Learn how to budget your money, that's what the big boys and girls do in the real World.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast