Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Huntingdon County)

Default Harrisburg Show this past weekend - need help identifying a vendor!

Hey guys, gotta look to some help from the PA masses here.
    I was at the show on Saturday and ended up buying something from a vendor, in about the middle of the room.
    He was an older guy, red shirt, ball cap, had a nice display of pistols on pegs that you could pull off the pegs and look at.
    He was getting all sorts of business when I was buying my item and I either left my receipt there or he forgot to give it to me.
    We think his shop was "A&" something and the guy I was with thinks he had a 724 number. I did some google research and turned up A&S Guns and they have a 724 number but I can't be sure that was them - I did email A&S all the same to see if it was them.
    Anyone know off hand what this dealers actual name was?

Also as a side note, to the great guy (if he is on here) just down the isle a bit that had all the ak parts in bins - thanks again for taking that buttplate and flap off the ak stock you had there :-) Turns out though I didn't need it, the original flap on the gun was fine, someone just pushed it up in all the way and it got stuck on the wood, some leatherman work and sandpaper and all is well! Thanks again though, I now have a very nice spare

(York County)

Unhappy Re: Harrisburg Show this past weekend - need help identifying a vendor!

Crud...the Harrisburg show was this weekend? I had just checked the show listings like a week ago. Must of missed it.

Now I have to wait longer...

(Westmoreland County)

Smile Re: Harrisburg Show this past weekend - need help identifying a vendor!

I think you may be looking for A&S Indoor Pistol range in Youngwood, PA. Their phone number is 724-925-1212. I have not dealt with them that much, so I don't have any names for you. Hopefully, this helps you out some.

(Huntingdon County)

Default Re: Harrisburg Show this past weekend - need help identifying a vendor!

A&S is what my buddy and I were thinking as well, I sent them an email and will call them this week. I just didn't know for sure if they were even at the show, figured maybe someone here had an inside line on who the vendors were
    thanks!

(York County)

Question Re: Harrisburg Show this past weekend - need help identifying a vendor!

Is there an RSS feed anywhere for PA gun shows, etc?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by theSaj View Post
    Crud...the Harrisburg show was this weekend? I had just checked the show listings like a week ago. Must of missed it.

Now I have to wait longer...
    I tried to drum up some interest last week when I noticed it wasn't listed on this board by bumping up the March thread. I worked the show and judging by the crowd, you weren't the only one who didn't know it was happening.

Bob D

(York County)

Default I really wanted to go...

I think that there needs to be better communication on the part of the promoters of these shows.

Not for nothing, but the websites of these organizers are almost as old as most of the firearms at the shows.

It'd be sweet to have an RSS feed of all the upcoming shows. It's a shame when you have lower than desired turn-out and at the same time have a number of people who wanted to be there but didn't know the when.

:|

(Delaware County)

Default Re: I really wanted to go...

Quote Originally Posted by theSaj View Post
    I think that there needs to be better communication on the part of the promoters of these shows.

Not for nothing, but the websites of these organizers are almost as old as most of the firearms at the shows.

It'd be sweet to have an RSS feed of all the upcoming shows. It's a shame when you have lower than desired turn-out and at the same time have a number of people who wanted to be there but didn't know the when.

:|
    All good points. Can a "civilian" such as myself start a thread on the gunshow board? I wasn't sure last week so I didn't try. BTW, I see you're from York. Is there a show at the fairgrounds June 28/29??

Bob D

(York County)

That appears to be the case, though I'll likely be packing or driving out to Illoinois that weekend.

That said, I found the last York fair to have lots of nifty machine guns and such which while cool to look at were not on my to buy list.

I am curious, what show is the best for handguns?

(Huntingdon County)

Just got a reply from A&S. They were not at the show in Harrisburg.

Foiled again.

Okay so scratch the A& part and the 724 number.
    Middle of the room, older guy, would have been on the right side of the aisle if you are looking from the entrance, had a nice display of pistols on pegs that were sticking out of a board.