Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Tioga County)

Default Anyone alive in this section? ;-)

What's going on Tioga County folks?

My wife and I were in Wellsboro last week. We had great prime rib at the Log Cabin on Father's Day. I was OC, naturally.

A lot of the time I was doing yard work but we did some shooting at Lambs Creek one afternoon. I had another deliciously greasy yet excellent burger at the Gas Light with some cold Yuengling Summer Wheat.

I OCed at the Laurel Festival on The Green and at the parade.

We'll be back July 4th weekend and again in August.
    MikeP

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Anyone alive in this section? ;-)

Hey Mike, I only manage to get online anymore when home on time off. I travel and work all over and only get home periodically. Just got home last night as a matter of fact after 2 weeks away. We should try to meet sometime and hit the private range of a friend of mine. Steel plates from 25 feet to 750 yards. I never see anyone oc'ing except myself when I look in the mirror lol. Glad you had a good time.

(Tioga County)

The next time the wife and I are up for the week, maybe we can have a Tioga County meet and greet, shoot and eat.
    MikeP

(Tioga County)

sounds like fun and would love to!

(Tioga County)

Alive. I've had a busy 2 weeks of travel, so glad to be home. I should probably take advantage of the high creek levels(for summer anyways) and go kayaking but I'm beat. The stinky humid weather cleared out. It's warm and dry today. I think today I'll goof off and do some reloading.

I hear Timeless Destination is closing this fall or getting sold. The owner apparently has had enough. I also hear Pudgies is closing their dining room, going to take out only and Subway will move from Main Street to the Pudgies location next to the gas station.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    The next time the wife and I are up for the week, maybe we can have a Tioga County meet and greet, shoot and eat.
    I'm up for this at some time in the future. Not this weekend I have a big family do. family coming for all over.

Given enough notice I could fix it so we could have the Cowenesque rod and gun club all to ourselves.

It's in Elkland. about 20 miles north of Wellsboro
    Last edited by rwilson452; June 29th, 2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Just thinking
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    I hear Timeless Destination is closing this fall or getting sold. The owner apparently has had enough. I also hear Pudgies is closing their dining room, going to take out only and Subway will move from Main Street to the Pudgies location next to the gas station.
    Timeless Destination never impressed me the few times we were there. Doesn't the owner have the new restaurant at the golf course now?

We stopped eating at Pudgies years ago. I only stop in there once in a while for a cold 12 pack of beer.

Give me a Gas Light cheeseburger!

I'll be in Wellsboro this weekend.
    MikeP

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    Timeless Destination never impressed me the few times we were there. Doesn't the owner have the new restaurant at the golf course now?

We stopped eating at Pudgies years ago. I only stop in there once in a while for a cold 12 pack of beer.

Give me a Gas Light cheeseburger!

I'll be in Wellsboro this weekend.
    I never had a big problem with Timeless, pizza was good along with everything else I had there over the years. I think in some ways what put people off was it was a little too formal, especially for lunch. One thing I never understood was they always put you in the small dark room and never used the nice dining room with the street view. Years ago the owner opened up a more casual place across the street, which was busy but then he suddenly closed it. From what I heard he wants to move permanently to Florida. I was unaware he owned the restaurant at the golf course. I don't know if someone else will buy Timeless or if it will die completely.

Never tried the Gas Light, it always struck me as being more a bar type environment.

The weather is clearing out and drying out. Weather should be nice for this weekend.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    permanently to Florida. I was unaware he owned the restaurant at the golf course. I don't know if someone else will buy Timeless or if it will die completely.
    Fairway Grille open at Tyoga Country Club

Jay Hixon, owner of Timeless Destination, is taking his skill to a new location. Fairway Grille opened at the Tyoga Country Club on March 21.

http://www.tiogapublishing.com/news/...a4bcf887a.html
    MikeP

(Berks County)

I've always liked Timeless, shame to hear it will close, will have to stop in one more time over Labor day. I've never eaten at the Gas Light, but have spent many a evening there.