Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: FAMILY FIREARMS SAFETY PICNIC @ PEACE VALLEY PARK New Galena Rd New Britain PA

They said they were expecting 48 but I'll bet there was nearly twice that number there
    Jesus is Lord !

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: FAMILY FIREARMS SAFETY PICNIC @ PEACE VALLEY PARK New Galena Rd New Britain PA

Darn it, just saw this post. Would have gone if I knew sooner

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I was looking for you but didn't see you
    Oh, well, next time, then

I stayed there for, maybe, 20 minutes or so, around the seminar tent. To my huge surprise I was the only one, wearing cowboy hat
    Je suis déplorable

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Oh, well, next time, then

I stayed there for, maybe, 20 minutes or so, around the seminar tent. To my huge surprise I was the only one, wearing cowboy hat
    I saw a cowboy hat across the other side of the pavilion, a straw cowboy hat. Was that you ?
    Jesus is Lord !

Thumbs up Re: FAMILY FIREARMS SAFETY PICNIC @ PEACE VALLEY PARK New Galena Rd New Britain PA

Thanks to all who helped organize and staff it, but most of all thanks to those who attended for you are what made it the success!

Press Release
    July 27 2014
    CGOPA Family Firearm Safety Picnic a Success

Concerned Gun Owners of Pennsylvania (CGOPA) held a Family Firearm Safety Picnic on Saturday at Peace Valley Park in Bucks County. The event was attended by over 120 people including 50 children. The purpose of the event was to promote responsible firearm ownership by emphasizing safety, knowledge and training.

After opening remarks by CGOPA Board Member Eric Patroni, the NRA Eddy Eagle Safety program was taught to the kids by Joe Sweeney. This program emphasized general safety as well as what kids should do if they encounter a firearm (stop, don’t touch, leave the area, tell an adult). The kids were highly engaged during the program. There were awards and certificates of completion for everyone. Hearing protection and safety glasses were provided to the kids for their use after the event.

The Bucks County Sheriff’s Department had two of their finest present to build Child I.D. Kits. Both officers were busy all day with their camera and setup. A representative of Tanners Sporting Goods (www. http://tannerssportcenter.com) was present to spotlight various gun safes for the safe storage of firearms at home and in vehicles.

Jose Morales and his team from Philly Firearms Academy (www.phillyguntraining.com) gave a highly informative and entertaining training session for everyone present on gun safety and how not to become a statistic.

Mike and Moose Volb had a demonstration table where over two dozen different firearms were safely demonstrated to show people the diverse type of firearms and how they operate. They held a competition where kids had to match a dummy cartridge to the firearms that it belongs to.
    PA Senator Chuck McIhinney spoke to the attendees about the status of firearms legislation in Harrisburg and the news was good law abiding firearms owners!! US Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick came to the event and engaged with individuals and small groups on what is happening in Washington and to discuss individual concerns. PA Representative Bernie O’Neill was kind enough to furnish a variety of literature on firearms laws, hunting laws and information about our State government and Constitution.
    There were copious amounts of hamburgers, hot dogs and refreshments, games and good fellowship.

This event demonstrated the value of law abiding firearms owners coming together to promote safe responsible firearm ownership in contrast to the ineffective, out-of- values ideas from anti-gun groups.

Thanks to all CGOPA members for their work in making this event a success. For more information please go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/CGOPA2A

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I saw a cowboy hat across the other side of the pavilion, a straw cowboy hat. Was that you ?
    Most likely
    Je suis déplorable

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12