Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lewistown, PA ??

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys live near Lewistown PA? My girlfriend might be moving out there for work, and I just wanted to know if any one on here was from around there. If so, whats the area like? Any good places to rent, good places to eat, etc.? Thanks guys!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Lewistown, PA ??

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys live near Lewistown PA? My girlfriend might be moving out there for work, and I just wanted to know if any one on here was from around there. If so, whats the area like? Any good places to rent, good places to eat, etc.? Thanks guys!

I'm sure Lewistown has fine places to live and eat... but would it really matter though? You'd be getting out of Philly, that in itself is good enough. lol (going by your location shown)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Snyder County)

Lewistown is a nice area. I live about 35 minutes away. Pretty good central location. Can't help on rent or anything. But I wouldn't worry one bit about moving there. Much better than living in, or near, the corner city.

(Westmoreland County)

A few years ago, Lewistown had the fattest growing heroin epidemic in the country. It even made Dateline or something.

I've been out there a few times to the more rural areas but every time I've been into the city, it's always been a kind of shitty part. I'm not a fan but maybe it's cleaned up a bit.

Either way, it's not Philly and I am sure it's far far far better because of it. The cost of living should be pretty cheap around there too.

Just so you guys know, I am living in Philly for college, while Home is in South Jersey, which is also where she is currently living. We headed up there this weekend, its not a bad place, but theren't wasn't much of anything going on. No big rental areas that we could find or anything. Thanks for the info so far guys!

(Jefferson County)

Just so you guys know, I am living in Philly for college, while Home is in South Jersey, which is also where she is currently living. We headed up there this weekend, its not a bad place, but theren't wasn't much of anything going on. No big rental areas that we could find or anything. Thanks for the info so far guys!

Well.... Lewistown will seem like Heaven compared to Hell - also known as Philly/Jersey.

You'll be 20-30 miles from any bigger boroughs/cities. Lewistown is much like other small boroughs in PA - there isn't much going on. ..Which helps keep the riff-raff in the bigger cities.
    Last edited by knight0334; June 16th, 2008 at 04:06 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Snyder County)

That is why I love this area. Nothing going on!!

But really, if you are coming from the city out to Lewistown area, yeah, you might be bored. But as I said, I like it with nothing to do. I can focus on my hobbies like working on the house. Working on my car. Shooting my guns. Building new guns. Much nicer in my opinion.

(Blair County)

and on the plus side you're not far from state college lots of stuff happens there, and altoona is hour ish away, lake raystown is less than that if you like boats (big or small). lots of stuff to do if you look and travel a little.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Lancaster County)

That's even better than getting out of Philly!

(Lebanon County)

depending on where you live in NJ, the move to Lewistown will be a big change for her, high unemployment in the area and WalMart is the place to go, no real developed downtown, like most small towns the downtown is depleted of retail shops etc, on the other hand as a previous poster said State College, Altoona, Lake Raystown, (118 miles of shoreline) are nearby and a much much more rural lifestyle can certainly be relaxing. Harrisburg is less than an hour away, lots of social life on 2nd St on Fri/Sat night. No help on the rental situation should be way less than what you're used to, good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast