Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Concealed Carry - Ruger SR45?

Does anybody conceal carry a Ruger SR45, or has tried concealed carrying a Ruger SR45?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry - Ruger SR45?

I concealed carried a Ruger SR40, which is about the same size, and it was not easy. Even in the winter, it's quite a large firearm. It's difficult to sit with it and I found it was easier to just keep it in my pocket to adjust accordingly rather than keep it holstered. Eventually I sold it and now am looking for a SR40C (compact) because other than that, it was hands down the best firearm I ever owned.

I am actually interested to know where you found an SR45, they are sold out everywhere. ?
    -jFw

I have an SR45, it is slightly wider and longer than an SR9. so the holsters are not usually interchangeable, I wear it in a CBH ostwb holster with a spare mag on the other side. If I want to cover it up I just pull the shirt over it. I really could care less about printing. But I am a larger person so its not usually blatantly observable.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; June 26th, 2014 at 05:43 PM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post
    I concealed carried a Ruger SR40, which is about the same size, and it was not easy. Even in the winter, it's quite a large firearm. It's difficult to sit with it and I found it was easier to just keep it in my pocket to adjust accordingly rather than keep it holstered. Eventually I sold it and now am looking for a SR40C (compact) because other than that, it was hands down the best firearm I ever owned.

I am actually interested to know where you found an SR45, they are sold out everywhere. ?
    Buds Gun Shop has them in stock for $389: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/84870

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm88000 View Post

Tanners has had one or more in the shop every time I've been in lately. Also Palmetto has had them for $350 if you want to do an online transfer.

(Lehigh County)

Wow, thanks guys. Whats the max mag capacity on the SR45? Can you get an extension of like 12? I think my SR40 was 15 and maybe the SR9C has max 17. That's pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Storm88000; June 28th, 2014 at 02:50 AM.
    -jFw

(Northumberland County)

I concealed carried a sr9 for four years iwb no problems, i sold it now i cc a glock 19 iwb too.

Sr9 the handle is longer then my glock but the glock is wider they are both easy to cc in an iwb at 5 oclock position.

(Lehigh County)

Sort of off topic a bit - but does anyone else think the Rugers SR series with the silver tops kind of looks like some futuristic firearm? Like something people would think a gun would look like today from the 1940's
    -jFw

Like a glock? Or a beretta storm? I think all firearms continuosly evolve in size form and function. Think about the 1873colt and how it looked to someone who grew up with single shot percussion firearms. Or a Henry repeater.

Heh don't look at a berretta neos.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; July 2nd, 2014 at 07:28 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(York County)

I carry my SR-40 in a cross breed supertuck holster and have no issues at all with it. I even carry it in the summer months with shorts and t-shirt.
    I also bought the SR-40c and carry it with a alien gear IWB holster. It is slightly smaller gun and I like the holster but not as much as I like the cross breed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast