Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Exclamation Pennsylvania: Employee Parking Lot Protection Amendment Filed to Transportation Bill

This week in Harrisburg, an amendment has been filed by state Senator Rich Alloway (R-33) to House Bill 1317, a transportation bill. This amendment would amend employee parking lot protection language into HB 1317 and could be voted on sometime this week in the Pennsylvania Senate. Thus, it is critical that you contact your state Senator TODAY in support of this amendment.

The Alloway amendment would prevent public and private employers from establishing, maintaining or enforcing a policy to prohibit employees who are concealed carry license holders from storing a handgun secured in their motor vehicle parked at their workplace.

There seems to be a plethora of businesses micromanaging the lawful contents of one’s private vehicle at the workplace. These policies are widespread across the Keystone State, and something needs to be done. These types of gun bans only serve to jeopardize the safety of employees commuting to and from the workplace, and the employer holds no liability if you fall victim to a violent crime during your commute. You shouldn’t have to be the next potential victim of violent crime because you decided to seek employment at a steel company or a department store that arbitrarily bans the storage of firearms in your privately-owned vehicle.

It’s important that you call AND e-mail your state Senator TODAY and urge him or her to vote for this pro-gun amendment to HB 1317. Urge your state Senator to stop the banning of firearms inside one’s private motor vehicle. Tell them that 23 states around the country have employee protection parking lot laws, and that Pennsylvanians should have the same rights as nearly half the country!

For contact information for your state Senator, please click here.

To identify who represents you, please CLICK HERE
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania: Employee Parking Lot Protection Amendment Filed to Transportation B

Unsuccessful in finding an email for Mcilhenny. I'll find it, but I sent him a polite message on FB to support this amendment.

ETA: Website for McIlhinney found, and I asked him to support the Amendment to HB1317 that would prohibit businesses/employers from banning storage of firearms in private/employee vehicles.
    Last edited by Bill67; June 25th, 2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: new info

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania: Employee Parking Lot Protection Amendment Filed to Transportation B

Done and done. Thanks for the heads-up!

(Pike County)

Sent to S Baker.

(Berks County)

Done

(Dauphin County)

+1 Done.

Is this moving forward, or is it dead?

(Dauphin County)

Is there a link or any way of following this other than here on the site? I've been interested in this one since I heard of it because the company I work for doesn't allow firearms on the property........... I'd like to be able to bring it to their attention if this were to pass.

This is the only link I have... http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...r=2243&pn=3524
    I need a better signature than this...

(Lancaster County)

I can think of a lot of people who would greatly benefit from this, with no real downside.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde1993 View Post
    Is there a link or any way of following this other than here on the site? I've been interested in this one since I heard of it because the company I work for doesn't allow firearms on the property........... I'd like to be able to bring it to their attention if this were to pass.

This is the only link I have... http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...r=2243&pn=3524
    You can sign up for daily updates. http://www.legis.state.pa.us/login/

Best thing to do is get to know your legislators and bug the hell out of them for what you want. Everyone here should be on first name terms with their Representative and Senator...