This is inspired by something someone posted on another thread. Something about history taught in school and us not knowing our rings. Sorry, I'd acknowledge the author if I could find it again. So this got me to start thinking. My son has den in honors history classes for four years now. (He just moved on to tenth grade). In discussing some of our rights I found that it is true that they do not teach this for the most part. He knows about slavery, women's voting rights, civil rights movement etc. The "liberal preferred rights" I like to call them. Could anyone recommend a book or two that maybe goes over some of the lesser known rights? Maybe something recent possibly considering the "right to bear arms" ruling being relatively recent. I haven't looked hard but in thinking about it, I haven't run across anything like that. I have to admit that I also was a low information citizen in regards to the right to bear arms in general and the ring to carry specifically before joining this site. I am amazed with how much I did not know. I went through public school until HS. Private HS. Couple college history courses. And I enjoy some history reading (mostly military, no specific time range ). And I still had no idea OC was legal, what constitutional Carry was or anything about CC other than a few sentences on. Flyer handed out when I got my LTCF.

Anyway, any recommendations of good books you've read along those lines would be appreciated. Thanks.