Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Police:PA Cop Caught Selling AK47 on the Job (FULL AUTO?) No Charges? Was it Semi?

http://wnep.com/2014/06/19/police-co...47-on-the-job/

WYALUSING — A cop in Bradford County has been suspended for allegedly selling an AK-47 out of the back of the patrol car last week.

Laceyville Borough Police Officer Matt Chamberlain was on duty at the time of the apparent gun sale.

“I was shocked, I was shocked. Especially when there’s an automatic weapon involved and the public was exposed,” said Phillip Brewer, the mayor of Laceyville.

After this incident, the mayor of Laceyville suspended Chamberlain without pay.

“It’s one isolated incident, but you have to deal with it. You can’t let this slide,” said Brewer.

People in Bradford County could not believe a cop would sell a gun, on the taxpayers’ dollar.

“It’s pretty scary knowing that someone in law enforcement could be out selling guns to people,” said Shawn Burns from Lawton.

Ashley Fiori from Forksville said, “They know the law, ya know? They’re supposed to be protecting us!”

“For him to do something so foolish, it just boggled my mind,” said Jean Reinhart, the mayor of Wyalusing.

It was in the parking lot at the Dandy Mary when witnesses said that Laceyville cop was selling an AK-47 out of the back of his police cruiser. People said it was bad enough that he was selling the gun, but at one point he walked away from his vehicle and the AK-47.

“There could have been something tragic could have happened here,” said Reinhart.

Newswatch 16 tried calling Chamberlain for his side of the story, but there no answer.

As a result of Chamberlain’s suspension, the Laceyville Police Department is only operating with one officer, the chief.

But Laceyville Police Chief Scott Perry has a message for the residents of Laceyville and Wyalusing: “It’s perfectly understandable, you’re concerned about the incident but the police are here for you and we need to get through it.”

The Laceyville Borough Council will hold a special meeting Friday at the Laceyville Public Library at 8pm to decide officer Chamberlain’s fate.
    Last edited by IIIIIREPOIIIII; June 21st, 2014 at 02:10 AM.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Police:PA Cop Caught Selling AK47 on the Job (FULL AUTO?) No Charges? Was it Semi

I'm shocked!!!
    'It is Their Right, It is Their Duty, To Throw Off Such Government '

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Police:PA Cop Caught Selling AK47 on the Job (FULL AUTO?) No Charges? Was it Semi

Quote Originally Posted by gold eagle View Post
    I'm shocked!!!
    An awtomatic weapon!

Ooh my gawd!

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gold eagle View Post
    I'm shocked!!!
    I'm shocked that your shocked about a cop selling guns out of the trunk of a police car. US marshalls sell guns. Obuma sells guns, everybody sells guns, I'm shocked.

"People said it was bad enough that he was selling the gun, but at one point he walked away from his vehicle and the AK-47."

Good thing it didn't jump out of the vehicle and start shooting people.

Much ado about nothing?

If it was a semiautomatic and the purchaser was not a felon in a private sale? Even in PRNJ this would be OK with a COE.

Of course it could be argued that he was doing personal business on company time, with a company vehicle.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
    Of course it could be argued that he was doing personal business on company time, with a company vehicle.
    Good thing "Internet Monday" is a national holiday.

Of course it could be argued that he was doing personal business on company time, with a company vehicle.[/QUOTE]

Show of hands of people doing personal business while on the clock. . . . Personal phone calls that take over 30 minutes, cops a specially, there job takes them anywhere. I see them come into our car dealer on duty to pick up and drop off personal vehicles, grocery shopping. I personally doesnt bother me.

It was a personal transaction. I as states before, if the buyer wasn't a felon and was a pa resident. Then It's legal. Actual, I probably wouldnt mind buying out of a cop car on a FTF transaction. Would give me alittle better feeling that it's not stolen or was used in a crime. . . . Oh wait he walk alittle away from the car and rifle at one point, omg. . . Really. Ever been to a gun show or a gun store. Sales men hands you a firearms to look at and then walks away to help another customer, goes in a back room to get something. They took something and blew it to make a bs story for the anti.

Now is employer may have an issue with it, I don't see any reason to suspend or fire the guy. But I'm shore there going to be a new department rule.
    NRA Endowment Member, N-SSA #9526v

(Chester County)

"At this point what difference does it make!"

(Lawrence County)

Is everyone out there paranoid and delusional or did they have to search for these people making the comments?
    Last edited by jerkin; June 21st, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast