Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Conceal carry at work place

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    So you got an exception for yourself, good for you, but everyone else got thrown under the bus.
    I will fight for public gun rights every day of the year, and I believe more than a few people here have met me at 2A events. I will also fight for private land owners' rights, which unfortunately includes the right of an owner to restrict guns on private property.

A company of 300+ liberals in Philly wasn't going to change it's policy, and everyone else certainly had the same opportunity I had to go and plead their case. If protecting themselves was that important, as it was to me, they should have spoken up. If they didn't, they jumped under the bus all by themselves.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Luzerne County)

It's a gamble. If you CC and get caught, what happens? Don't say it won't happen. In crapper taking a dump, holster drops to floor, boss in next stall. Lots of ways to get busted.

Comes down to: Is carrying more important than this job? If yes, then CC. If not. ask boss first, then follow rules.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Here is what happens. You leave your firearm in the car. Somehow it gets out that you do this. Management asks to search your car. Note I said ask, they cannot forcefully search your car. You either let them search it, they find the firearm and fire you or you refuse and they probably fire you anyway.

Private property rights trump your right to carry.
    So? You can get fired for anything in PA whether it be a gun in your car or if you come in with your hair dyed red and the boss doesn't like it. Most people would find it easier to get another job than get out of the morgue. If you feel the need to keep it with you then by all means do it. It's not like your going to go to jail.

Personally I would laugh if someone asked to search my car. Then I would drive away and be glad I no longer had to work with such jackwagons.

(Blair County)

did you here the story about the off duty cop that walked into a shop of some kind and some one yelled your a cop do some thing and the robber he did not see shot him .
    some times it is not good for a lot of people to know you have a gun

(Delaware County)

Like most advice in this thread, it's a matter of respecting property rights if your going to carry at work against policy. Not a criminal offense unless otherwise a prohibited place by statute, by certainly grounds for termination. Here's a short vid on the topic with a firearms lawyer from Arizona. Includes cctv vid of a good guy with a gun capping some armed punk trying to rob a Metro PCS store. Anyway, interesting fact that in Arizona at least, ANY negligent discharge is a felony punishable by one year in jail and loss of 2a rights. ...even one in your home where no one is hurt. It's why this lawyer recommends not carrying hot in AZ. Something to think about if ever considering a move to the Grand Canyon State...

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Like most advice in this thread, it's a matter of respecting property rights if your going to carry at work against policy. Not a criminal offense unless otherwise a prohibited place by statute, by certainly grounds for termination. Here's a short vid on the topic with a firearms lawyer from Arizona. Includes cctv vid of a good guy with a gun capping some armed punk trying to rob a Metro PCS store. Anyway, interesting fact that in Arizona at least, ANY negligent discharge is a felony punishable by one year in jail and loss of 2a rights. ...even one in your home where no one is hurt. It's why this lawyer recommends not carrying hot in AZ. Something to think about if ever considering a move to the Grand Canyon State...

Necropost.jpg
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Ya get shit if ya don't research posts, ya get shit if ya do. It's the Poofa way!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Ya get shit if ya don't research posts, ya get shit if ya do. It's the Poofa way!
    Lol, https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=361496
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    It's private property and you would need to have permission.
    This is not correct. You do not need permission to concealed carry on private property. You need to have not been prohibited from carrying on said private property.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    This is not correct. You do not need permission to concealed carry on private property. You need to have not been prohibited from carrying on said private property.
    Correct. If this was not the case, you wouldn't be able to carry anywhere. Most businesses are private property.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast