Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default anti gun freaks are bombarding Targets Facebook page

They can only rely on irrational fears and lies

(Monroe County)

Default Re: anti gun freaks are bombarding Targets Facebook page

You know if the folks from Target fold because of this they really can't be that smart and probably should get our business anyway. Anyone who cant think for themselves is an endangered species anyway

(Mercer County)

If target folds this could be a slippery slope into communist no gun carrying anywhere. Next thing we know we will be practicing self defense with every day items like Japan did

This is not good for us. I do think that the 'Open carry my tricked out SKS at low ready with a creepy grin' folks deserve a big portion of the blame. They need to stop OCing long guns, period. They need to stop being confrontational.

Image is everything here. I've said it before: Open Carriers, like it or not, are AMBASSADORS for all of us. If you choose to open carry, act like YOUR gun rights depend on it. Be a professional, dress the part, act the part. Get a haircut, a shave, and iron your clothes. DO NOT WEAR BDUs, anything camo, sweatpants, or any offensive t-shirts.

I open carry just about everywhere. My revolver is holstered in a level II de santis, and there it stays. And I've never had a problem.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    My revolver is holstered in a level II de santis,
    That surely should calm the nerves. Who the heck is gonna know what "level II de santis" even is? All I see is someone with a big bore revolver on his hip walking in the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    That surely should calm the nerves. Who the heck is gonna know what "level II de santis" even is? All I see is someone with a big bore revolver on his hip walking in the front door.
    And that is A LOT different than a rifle held at low ready.

My point is not about 'calming nerves'. It is about the difference between what has been, in my experience, an acceptable form of open carry to much of the public (a securely holstered handgun), and the downright scary practice of holding long guns at low ready in a retail store.

In my experience, I have never had the cops called, people did not run away from me, and never has a business asked me to leave. The freaks (and yes, many of them do look like freaks) who are carrying long guns are different in kind from OCing a handgun.

Public perception between these two practices are completely different.

(Montgomery County)

Where is the data that open carry is "acceptable" to the public? I have lived in Montco most of my life but I have yet to see even ONE open carry. Not one. I frankly don't know what crowd reaction will be. I personally like to see them and if I am with family I will point it out in a positive way. I do not particularly agree with the manner that some of the OCT people conducted themselves but of all people we should know how the media tries to shape public opinion by the selective use of few pictures. Remember, the law allows them to carry long guns, and only long guns. Let's change the law.

Where is the data that open carry is "acceptable" to the public? I have lived in Montco most of my life but I have yet to see even ONE open carry. Not one. I frankly don't know what crowd reaction will be. I personally like to see them and if I am with family I will point it out in a positive way. I do not particularly agree with the manner that some of the OCT people conducted themselves but of all people we should know how the media tries to shape public opinion by the selective use of few pictures. Remember, the law allows them to carry long guns, and only long guns. Let's change the law.
    I was careful to point out that it has been MY EXPERIENCE that OCing a handgun an acceptable form of open carry, especially when contrasted with the antics some of the OCT folks and the like have pulled.

I think you and I agree on most things here.

(Bucks County)

No...lets not......ANY law these POS make will have 10,000 amendments and 20,000 pages......it would be just the opportunity these POS need.

The only thing that should be done is follow the constitution
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    This is not good for us. I do think that the 'Open carry my tricked out SKS at low ready with a creepy grin' folks deserve a big portion of the blame. They need to stop OCing long guns, period. They need to stop being confrontational.

Image is everything here. I've said it before: Open Carriers, like it or not, are AMBASSADORS for all of us. If you choose to open carry, act like YOUR gun rights depend on it. Be a professional, dress the part, act the part. Get a haircut, a shave, and iron your clothes. DO NOT WEAR BDUs, anything camo, sweatpants, or any offensive t-shirts.

I open carry just about everywhere. My revolver is holstered in a level II de santis, and there it stays. And I've never had a problem.
    How can one be operator as fu*kkk without a beard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast