Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default H & R New Defender .22 revolver

I'm looking for the rear sight blade and retaining screw for my Harrington & Richardson .22 "New Defender" 2" stubbie revolver, Model 299.
    Help would be appreciated.

John
    doda39@yahoo.com

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: H & R New Defender .22 revolver

The New Defender is basically the same thing as the Sportsman 999. ..thats the good new. The bad news - they made (2) different thickness and profile rear sight blades and the screws aren't available.

The thicker sight blade is available, the thinner isn't. But the thicker can be filed down to fit the thinner's channel.

The screws, also two different sizes - more than likely you'll have to take the rear latch off, take it to a hardware store and match up some fine grade set screws. ...well, unless you have (1) of the (2) set screws - which then you can take it to the hardware store to match up a mate. You may find yourself having to cut down a screw to proper length and cleaning up the threading.

Part #40(sight) and #41 for screws(one size in stock)
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufact...120.htm?page=4
    Last edited by knight0334; June 22nd, 2014 at 03:47 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Ok, that helps a lot as I had no idea what the set screw size is. I can deal with modifying the .090 blade. I really love the revolver and you made my task easier...thx.

(Jefferson County)

Here is another website. http://www.wisnersinc.com/pistols/C_Hpistol.html

They have both. You really might want to use a caliper to measure the sight channel before ordering.

The thinner and thicker have different profiles. I know one has a rounded cut on the bottom, and the other either doesn't or it is shaped differently on the bottom.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!