Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default How do I do this?

How do I get my gun and holster to hold close to my body like in this picture?
    http://bluegrassholsters.com/Quickst...0_OWB_Rear.jpg

I have a Bersa Thunder .380 and a Uncle Mike's Super Slide belt holster and a CZ P-01 that I've used with a High Noon Skin Guard holster and a Safariland 567 holster, and none of them hold the gun that close to my body like in that pic.

The grip always seems to flop outwards, not matter how tight i have my belt.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: How do I do this?

I'm no expert but you might need a different holster.

(Indiana County)

Perhaps you're wearing yours at a four o'clock position. Try five o'clock, less hip in the way.

(Pike County)

Without actually seeing your rig, it sounds like you are using a belt that is not heavy enough to hold the weight without twisting. The belt is as important as the holster. Try a GOOD gunbelt, will be $$, Galco, Bianchi or such. BTW, most uncle mike's holsters are not that great, just my opinion.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Perhaps you're wearing yours at a four o'clock position. Try five o'clock, less hip in the way.
    good idea. i have been wearing it about 3 or 4 o'clock position. i'll give it a try.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    Without actually seeing your rig, it sounds like you are using a belt that is not heavy enough to hold the weight without twisting. The belt is as important as the holster. Try a GOOD gunbelt, will be $$, Galco, Bianchi or such. BTW, most uncle mike's holsters are not that great, just my opinion.
    I bought a gun belt from TheBeltman.com that is a 1.25" wide and is supposed to have an internal stiffener in it. Spent $90, maybe even more, on it.

(Pike County)

I have never used Beltman's products, but they have a good rep. Try changing where you wear it, on some trousers you may need to move a belt loop to get it where you want it and to give it support near the holster. I have also found that I have had to try a few holsters for some guns to find one that carries the way I like it, but I have to wrap them around my spare tire!

(Allegheny County)

Nylon holsters just have too much room in the belt loops to hold that tight. In addition they are usually in the middle of the back of the holster, sitting everything away from that point. A quality leather holster is simply stiffer, and attaches on two points, at the midline of the holster keeping it closer.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    Nylon holsters just have too much room in the belt loops to hold that tight. In addition they are usually in the middle of the back of the holster, sitting everything away from that point. A quality leather holster is simply stiffer, and attaches on two points, at the midline of the holster keeping it closer.
    I agree with Joe Smith on this. I tried nylon holsters for my P-95, they all sucked. I broke down and bought a good leather holster (Galco Cop) and it holds tight to my side, draw is improved and holds my gun more securely. I know Bianchi has holsters for the .380 Thunder, try one of those out. You won't regret buying a good holster, but you will regret buying 5 or 6 cheap ones.

Keith
    PAFOA PROUD!
    USMV M/C

(Lycoming County)

I just got my first leather holster and belt in today from UBG holsters. Let me tell you, BIG FREAKIN difference from nylon. Took two months to get but well worth it. Thats for my 1911, also have a blackhawk serpa for the G27 which works well with my normal belt.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast