Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default PSP switching guns again, hello Sig 227

Well according to my good friend that is a PSP Lieutenant (substation commander) PSP has been having some issues with the Gen4 Glock 21's that have been in their holsters for less than a year. Well, they have actually lost all confidence in them even though the issue (trigger bar) wasn't widespread.

Currently, they are authorizing Troopers to carry personally owned firearms of quality manufacturer, 9mm or above. Almost didn't believe him on this but my pal had to sign off on each of the firearms the troopers under his command were going to carry. He said it's mainly a mix of Sig's, Glocks (37's mainly), HK's and even a wheel gun or two.

The next recruit class is being issued Sig 227's, da/sa ( a first for for PSP as their Beretta's were DAO and the glocks obviously striker fired), in standard nitron with sig light night sights.

The deal for the 227's for the remainder of the the state police is being finalized.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: PSP switching guns again, hello Sig 227

Our tax dollars at work.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Our tax dollars at work.
    I don't think you can blame PSP for buying a weapon from the company that has the highest reputation for reliability in service handguns and then finding out they were pieces of crap.

(Lawrence County)

I say we give them their choice between the firearm they currently have or if they don't like that they can have a nice new Hi-point. The sale of the used Glocks should cover all costs.

Wink Re: PSP switching guns again, hello Sig 227

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Our tax dollars at work.
    I was always a fan of the G 38 45 gap too bad it really did not take off like expected ! Just like the Glock 42 380 ! Why not in a 9mm ? 45 gap ammo by the way is pricey if it can be found,I see some reloads out there but wont use them !

(Bucks County)

sweet hopefully a lot of G21's show up pristine police trade in's

I think in my township its personal choice with what you qualify with...i do seem to see a lot of HK's on cops hips around my AO...id choose the same probably

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    sweet hopefully a lot of G21's show up pristine police trade in's

I think in my township its personal choice with what you qualify with...i do seem to see a lot of HK's on cops hips around my AO...id choose the same probably
    Nobody writes poems about HK's though.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Good for them - that's a great choice, although I'd prefer the P226. I've really come to appreciate how simple and safe the Sig DA/SA's are, and I don't seem to lose much if any accuracy on the heavier first pull.

The only downside is that the two pulls requires more practice, which some cops might not be willing to do, and the grip may not fit smaller hands very well.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    Well according to my good friend that is a PSP Lieutenant (substation commander) PSP has been having some issues with the Gen4 Glock 21's that have been in their holsters for less than a year. Well, they have actually lost all confidence in them even though the issue (trigger bar) wasn't widespread.

Currently, they are authorizing Troopers to carry personally owned firearms of quality manufacturer, 9mm or above. Almost didn't believe him on this but my pal had to sign off on each of the firearms the troopers under his command were going to carry. He said it's mainly a mix of Sig's, Glocks (37's mainly), HK's and even a wheel gun or two.

The next recruit class is being issued Sig 227's, da/sa ( a first for for PSP as their Beretta's were DAO and the glocks obviously striker fired), in standard nitron with sig light night sights.

The deal for the 227's for the remainder of the the state police is being finalized.
    Apparently there were two types of issues (both trigger bar related?). The first is during fire suddenly the trigger is very hard to pull, as in 20+ lbs. The other being triggers failing to reset.

Not widespread but seen enough during quals and such to warrant the switch. True that currently it's user's choice for weapon to carry.

When we were at the academy shooting ARs there was a TON of brass left laying around from them testing the 227. Info from a friend who is a retired PSP firearms instructor and we talked to a current instructor when we were at the academy over memorial day weekend.

And besides, apparently the Sig 227 is a better, more accurate dog-shooter than the Glock 21

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast