Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Bulgarian RPG-7

(Lehigh County)

Default Bulgarian RPG-7

I'm writing this thread for some hopeful insight on a RPG-7 for sale right now on www.subguns.com. I only wish I had $75K for this DD but was curious to its ammunition? I realize PA is a DD state but not an ammo DD state. Other words, you can own the registered piece but not the ammo. Question is, other than training ammo (blue bodies) are live HE or HEDP rockets for sale on the market here in USA?

This is my first time seeing a RPG-7 for sale but never have seen live ordinance for the DD's for sale? Can civilians buy real rocket ordinance or in another case hand grenades? Just curious...

Any historical background would be appreciated on the history of the RPG-7 series came into the US. It's not an MG, so when did they become banned from import?

Default Re: Bulgarian RPG-7

each HE or HEDP rocket would be a DD and require a stamp itself. alot of those rockets are old and possibly unstable, and I have not seen or heard of any "Live" rounds fore sale.

(Delaware County)

Plus, HE would require special, specific storage requirements. You'd have to have a bonafide magazine/bunker for storage with proper security on it, has to be so far from other structures, etc.

(a few years ago I looked what it would take to get a license to have C4 and came up against mag/bunker regulations--probably the same stuff for live ordnance)

(Lehigh County)

Solid copy. I am curious though, all that said, since PA is not a DD munitions state, does this same regulation apply to FFL's? Are the specifically exempted being as they are on a Federal License? 02/07 for example?

(Cambria County)

They make a training warhead that utilizes 7.62x39 tracer rounds. I believe Autoweapons had a few back a few years ago. They were Bulgarian with a warhead painted yellow.

(Northampton County)

I think (not sure) that even without an explosive warhead that the rocket (with live motor) itself might be DD. Not sure how that works or if true.