Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Nano?

(Luzerne County)

Default Beretta Nano?

Anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with the nano? Considering it for cc.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Beretta Nano?

I do not have a Nano, so I have no report on how they shoot.

With that said, there is only one reason I don't have one in my collection. That reason is the slide will not lock open unless there is an empty magazine inserted. This is not a huge deal with cc'ing, but at a range, it can be a pain. Do you carry an extra empty mag to insert on "cease fires" so you can eject the chambered round and lock open? Do you drop the mag, eject the round, hold open with one hand while inserting a chamber flag with the other?

I know it's a minor complaint that really has noting to do with its ability to be carried, but that's the only reason I don't own one.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I do not have a Nano, so I have no report on how they shoot.

With that said, there is only one reason I don't have one in my collection. That reason is the slide will not lock open unless there is an empty magazine inserted. This is not a huge deal with cc'ing, but at a range, it can be a pain. Do you carry an extra empty mag to insert on "cease fires" so you can eject the chambered round and lock open? Do you drop the mag, eject the round, hold open with one hand while inserting a chamber flag with the other?

I know it's a minor complaint that really has noting to do with its ability to be carried, but that's the only reason I don't own one.

^^^^ This. Also, it is very uncomfortable in my hand.

I don't agree with the lock open thing just cause I don't really care about stuff like that but the uncomfortable in the hand bit is pretty accurate. I wanna like the nano so much but every time I pick one up it sux so I just keep it moving.

(Luzerne County)

Was very close to buying one, found an indoor range near me that had a rental. Found a few issues. First, it didn’t feel well balanced to me. Second, it had several feed issues during my session (being a rental that may not totally be the guns fault, it could have been related to range ammo, cleaning and maintenance). The final issues relates partially to the feeding issues. The lack of a slid lock and stiff slide spring made it a lot more difficult to safely clear the double feeds. With this experience I decided against buying one for a carry gun.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Chester County)

I have sold a few and have shot the gun. I do not care for it's trigger, lack of slide lock lever, or the how it handles after the shot while prepping for a second.
    IMHO, the Shield is much better choice.

(Cumberland County)

I just picked one up today. From reviews online from more prolific youtubers such as Hickok45 it got a thumbs up as a potential carry gun. It came down to the LC9 and the Nano.

I checked out both at Basspro and compared the two and I much preferred the feel of the Nano. Today however I decided to pick one up since I was selling my SR9c and I noticed Cabelas where we were doing the transfer was on sale for 400 bucks. Well, the 400 dollar sale was on the one with the laser sight which usually costs 550 bucks. Yeah... Can't go wrong with a bargain. Oh and if you are prior or current military there is a 50 dollar rebate so 350 bucks for a new 9mm pocket pistol with a laser sight.

I haven't fired it yet, but just from the amount I spent I feel rather happy. The trigger felt good on some dry fire runs too. Can't wait to put it through its paces tomorrow. I hear it likes heavier ammo though. I'll be putting through some of the Critical Defense ammo which is a 115gr round just to make sure it works, but the rest will be 124gr non-jacketed remanufactured cheap range crap. I figure if it cycles that stuff it will cycle just about everything else in mind.

However, if you are seriously interested in this pistol and you want to get it at borderline ridiculous levels of savings I suggest doing it soon. Not sure how long Cabelas has that sale going on, but if you are prior or current military the rebate is good for the year.
    Last edited by Kabloosh; June 12th, 2014 at 06:10 PM.

(Columbia County)

I haven’t fired one either. However I handled one in a store. It didn’t feel right and I thought the SW shield was a better buy. Also with the feeding issue that is mentioned in one of the prior posts, I would conclude that the Nano is a NoNo.

(Bucks County)

If anyone is interested in a Nano we have them on sale for $299 brand new. We have the Black, FDE and Pink. We have tons in stock. We can ship to your local dealer for $20

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    If anyone is interested in a Nano we have them on sale for $299 brand new. We have the Black, FDE and Pink. We have tons in stock. We can ship to your local dealer for $20
    A dealer having "tons in stock" and trying to unload them (pun intended) at a deep discount is pretty much evidence that the market place has rule this pistol a dud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast