Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default pnc park pittsburgh

Has anyone CC'd into a pirates game lately. Taking the wife and kids to a game on the 10th for the Veterans appreciation day as the tickets were free ? Been searching and understand weapons of any kind are not allowed however would rather have it and not need it then need it reach for it and remember I didn't bring it ?

Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: pnc park pittsburgh

They started wanding last year, it created problems getting into the statudim though. I dont know if they resolved that or abaondned wanding for 2014.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

Late last summer, they started "wanding" at the gates.
    Supposed to have been part of MLB new security procedures.

They are still wanding this year...
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Westmoreland County)

Guessing I might have to bring my medical card incase they wand metal in my lower spine hip, knee, shin and ankle.

Thanks I did read they started doing that by underpaid security who allowed people in regardless of what came up another let in after only getting his non strong side wander then allowed to pass others that were simply flagged to go in by hand gestures so not really sure

(Allegheny County)

PNC Park is about the only place that I go into that I don't carry now-a-days. The only reason is that I love baseball, and the reason that I moved to Pittsburgh was to be able to watch ball games.

With that, my wife and I have an agreement. In order to attend a game, we go on our day off. Early - 2 hours prior, we only park in the lot across the street from the stadium (yep it costs me more), if the lot(s) are full - I turn around and head home.

We then go eat dinner at one of the restaurants outside the stadium, gun is carried concealed at this time. We then return to the car and lock the gun up in our lockbox safe and enter the stadium.

As soon as the game is over, or shortly before the final out - we leave, cross the street, get into car and get gun out, then drive home.

Is it perfect, nope; but it is what we decided to do. For me, the no-go is parking in some structure or parking lot away from the stadium and having to walk to it unarmed with my wife late at night, I am not willing to do that.

And yes, some of the wanding has been a joke - to say the least.

(Allegheny County)

Allot of local stadium wanding seems to stop at the knees or higher. The ilusion of security.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Agreed, the security there is pretty lame. You could probably hold a pocket pistol in your raised hand along with your phone, keys, etc., or put it in the bottom of a cooler bag with drinks and ice. Hypothetically, of course.

(Westmoreland County)

I could hypothetically use an iwb drop leg holster and then my medical card which shows my injuries unless there is a patdown then I would hypothetically be found out

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    PNC Park is about the only place that I go into that I don't carry now-a-days. The only reason is that I love baseball, and the reason that I moved to Pittsburgh was to be able to watch ball games.

With that, my wife and I have an agreement. In order to attend a game, we go on our day off. Early - 2 hours prior, we only park in the lot across the street from the stadium (yep it costs me more), if the lot(s) are full - I turn around and head home.

We then go eat dinner at one of the restaurants outside the stadium, gun is carried concealed at this time. We then return to the car and lock the gun up in our lockbox safe and enter the stadium.

As soon as the game is over, or shortly before the final out - we leave, cross the street, get into car and get gun out, then drive home.

Is it perfect, nope; but it is what we decided to do. For me, the no-go is parking in some structure or parking lot away from the stadium and having to walk to it unarmed with my wife late at night, I am not willing to do that.

And yes, some of the wanding has been a joke - to say the least.
    Well... Now that everyone knows exactly what your routine is everytime you go to a ball game....

Not very good personal security to both maintain the same routine AND to post said routine on a forum...

Here's hoping you decide to change it up a little bit now.
    Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

(Allegheny County)

Well... Now that everyone knows exactly what your routine is everytime you go to a ball game....

Not very good personal security to both maintain the same routine AND to post said routine on a forum...

Here's hoping you decide to change it up a little bit now.
    Since my "routine" consists (now-a-days) of a handful (at most) home games, I'll roll the dice....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast