Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Please be respectful!

When contacting legislators please use some restraint. I spoke with a democratic house members chief of staff concerning HB2011 this afternoon and was told they were receiving lots of hate mail and calls even though they support 2011 and will vote no on any amendments. This guy is a Philly area rep that we need on our side. It's not doing the cause any good by cursing them out. We need to take the high road and not be like that woman that was calling us "leaches" at the ceasefire event.
    Last edited by LBaker; June 4th, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Please be respectful!

Quote Originally Posted by LBaker View Post
    When contacting legislators please use some restraint. I spoke with a democratic house members chief of staff concerning HB2011 this afternoon and was told they were receiving lots of hate mail and calls even though they support 2011 and will vote no on any amendments. This guy is a Philly area rep that we need on our side. It's not doing the cause any good by cursing them out. We need to take the high road and not be like that witch that was calling us "leaches" at the ceasefire event.
    I agree but with all the current events going on in DC people are getting tired of being nice.

(Delaware County)

Maybe this Democratic house member should get the word out then that he supports the legislation. Apparently have not gotten that info if it is true.

(Chester County)

You are absolutely correct.

What you need to do is call him back and explain to him how his party is the poster child in taking our rights away and they are pushing the people to this point.
    You should also explain to him how we are peaceful people and want only to live our lives peacefully. Then explain to him this is a natural reaction to people constantly being pushed. He should not be surprised. Finally tell him to inform his party to back off.

Everyone should remember this: A true soldier wants peace. The people who don't fight want war. This is very true in all of history.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I agree but with all the current events going on in DC people are getting tired of being nice.
    Agreed the challenge is one most reasonable people face similar to that of children. Ask them politely to stop doing something they shouldn't, that doesn't work, try a second time slightly more stern but in a kind fashion all the same and explain why they need to listen and consider what had been said.After enough of this with no options left after trying repeatedly to make them understand and comprehend why what they are doing is wrong with no result lay down the hammer and be that stern you will take notice and understand parent we don't like to be but sometimes need to be. Child no realizes he or she had crossed a line and now listens.

It is unfortunate that sometimes we get to the point of speaking to our representatives in a similar fashion to that of children. Unfortunately sometimes that's the only way to be taken seriously. On that note I tend not to curse or my rep have however made it clear some actions are simply unacceptable.
    Last edited by HKusp 45; June 4th, 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: i can't make good sentences

(Lancaster County)

I know the frustration... It took all I had to resist saying what I wanted to this afternoon to one staffer. It's a wonder I still have a tongue.

Threat them as you would want to be treated. That is unless you are some kind of masochist that's into beating and humiliation. If that's the case just be nice.

(Bucks County)

I'm betting he's full of horse dung. Democrats lie. That's what they do. Always and definitely to demonize us
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Agreed the challenge is one most reasonable people face similar to that of children. Ask them politely to stop doing something they shouldn't, that doesn't work, try a second time slightly more stern but in a kind fashion all the same and explain why they need to listen and consider what had been said.After enough of this with no options left after trying repeatedly to make them understand and comprehend why what they are doing is wrong with no result lay down the hammer and be that stern you will take notice and understand parent we don't like to be but sometimes need to be. Child no realizes he or she had crossed a line and now listens.

It is unfortunate that sometimes we get to the point of speaking to our representatives in a similar fashion to that of children. Unfortunately sometimes that's the only way to be taken seriously. On that note I tend not to curse or my rep have however made it clear some actions are simply unacceptable.
    If you treat adults like children they are going to shut you off, and then it doesn't matter how loud you are they aren't going to listen to you.

You can burn them at the polls, but don't treat them like children. No one likes that shit.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I 2nd that emotion.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    If you treat adults like children they are going to shut you off, and then it doesn't matter how loud you are they aren't going to listen to you.

You can burn them at the polls, but don't treat them like children. No one likes that shit.
    My reference was that on some ways it is like speaking to children and when I get a response like the one I received which basically states it is what it is instead of taking action I feel that they are no more than children considering they do not wish to take a position on the forefront on our behalf. From my rep regarding the AG pretty much doing what she wants with no repercussions.

You are correct in that the Attorney General has not renewed some of the reciprocity agreements.* It is frustrating to me since I believe that an individual should be able to carry in every state if we are issued a permit in our home states, just like drivers licenses.* But until that is a reality, we will be left with the AG approving the agreements.

Thanks for being involved and interested in this issue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast