Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Stupid people writing checks their rear end can't cash

So i'll start this off by saying I avoid confrontation with confrontational people in day to day life, but why is there always some moron who feels the need to be, well, a moron? Especially to somebody they do not know.

I went to the local place by me to get a haircut today. Unusually crowded for a weekday, and when I go in, I always take note of who is there and who comes in after so i know when my turn is (sign in sheet is not always present, goes on the honor system). About 10 minutes after, in comes this dude covered in tats and looking a little rough. Looks at me. He sits down and is told there is a wait. Time goes by, about 40 minutes later its my turn. Again, I know, because I have been paying attention to my surroundings, something that seems to be in short order these days. We both get up. He looks at me, I said "uh, I think I was here first. He retorts "You sure about that?" "Um yea, pretty sure." I go on and sit down in the barber chair. He is sneering at me with this blank look, I look the other way, trying to avoid eye contact. This dude is a complete weirdo.

The woman who cuts hair looks over from helping another patron and explains how she is sorry for not having a sign in sheet on such a busy day, and that guys are easier to get along with, if it had been two women like that, there "would have been a brawl."

This is when the freak looks right at me and says "Yea, I don't feel like going to jail today."

He's smaller than me, and I had my SP2022 in my waistband. An attempt on his part to assault me for any reason when he was clearly in the wrong most likely would have not gone the way he thought it would. WTF is wrong with people.

I ignored him from then on, but what is with people writing checks that their ass clearly cannot cash?

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Stupid people writing checks their rear end can't cash

you should have replied as you pulled up your shirt

"you dont want to go to the morgue today"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    So i'll start this off by saying I avoid confrontation with confrontational people in day to day life, but why is there always some moron who feels the need to be, well, a moron? Especially to somebody they do not know.

I went to the local place by me to get a haircut today. Unusually crowded for a weekday, and when I go in, I always take note of who is there and who comes in after so i know when my turn is (sign in sheet is not always present, goes on the honor system). About 10 minutes after, in comes this dude covered in tats and looking a little rough. Looks at me. He sits down and is told there is a wait. Time goes by, about 40 minutes later its my turn. Again, I know, because I have been paying attention to my surroundings, something that seems to be in short order these days. We both get up. He looks at me, I said "uh, I think I was here first. He retorts "You sure about that?" "Um yea, pretty sure." I go on and sit down in the barber chair. He is sneering at me with this blank look, I look the other way, trying to avoid eye contact. This dude is a complete weirdo.

The woman who cuts hair looks over from helping another patron and explains how she is sorry for not having a sign in sheet on such a busy day, and that guys are easier to get along with, if it had been two women like that, there "would have been a brawl."

This is when the freak looks right at me and says "Yea, I don't feel like going to jail today."

He's smaller than me, and I had my SP2022 in my waistband. An attempt on his part to assault me for any reason when he was clearly in the wrong most likely would have not gone the way he thought it would. WTF is wrong with people.

I ignored him from then on, but what is with people writing checks that their ass clearly cannot cash?
    What made it clear that he was writing a check he couldn't cash? You may have left out some details but I couldn't see what makes it clear.

If you truly believe that, you may find yourself very surprised if the correct situation should arise in your life. I hope such a situation doesn't occur, but if it does you will be in a world of surprise and a world of hurt. Carrying a gun doesn't make you a tough guy or safe...even when there are people coming for your with their bare hands. Reality check: guns have to be pointed at a threat and the trigger must be pulled for the gun to be effective.

I wanted to add that I understand what you are doing now is just typing on a forum, but where it mattered, the actual situation, you handled very well and in a way I think any of us would have.
    Last edited by dazeeman; June 3rd, 2014 at 12:33 PM.

I have to agree with dazeeman. A concealed firearm is a defensive tool. Like any tool you need to be skilled in its use, and be able to deploy it successfully. Simply having a firearm on you means absolutely nothing. I'm not implying you don't know how to deploy a firearm for defensive purposes, but your post seems to infer that because you have one, this guy couldn't hurt you. If you truely believe that, you are very mistaken.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger01 View Post

Under Pennsylvania law, such could be construed as "Terroristic Threatening."

(Lancaster County)

Have to agree with dazeman . Don't think because you are armed or a guy is small means no worries. I'm average build.
    I used to have a neighbor that sounds as you described the guy except he was a big guy. Every couple of months he'd have cuts and bruises on his face and head. Of course he always said he kicked the other guys ass. But, yeah, you know.
    You handled well if not great.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Without lifting your shirt just respond: "Don't worry you wouldn't be going to jail, at leat not today"

(Erie County)

Take a chill pill guys.

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    So i'll start this off by saying I avoid confrontation with confrontational people in day to day life, ....

... said "uh, I think I was here first. He retorts "You sure about that?" "Um yea, pretty sure." ....

...This is when the freak looks right at me and says "Yea, I don't feel like going to jail today." ...

I ignored him from then on, ...
    There is a difference between being non-confrontational and passive. The bolded parts are passive remarks by you that the bully picked up on. Some people will walk all over you, if you let them. If you're more assertive you can sometimes curtail that behavior.

When he asked, "You sure about that?" You should reply, "Absolutely, I noticed when you walked in, you're a very unforgettable person."

If it were me, I might add, "Me on the other hand am just a wallflower, you probably never noticed me sitting here for the last 40 minutes" just to diffuse the situation.
    Kind Regards,
    ChuckS

“The will to win is important. But the will to prepare is vital.” — Joe Paterno

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Was about to say the same - hey Middlefinger - why don't you just hand over your guns now and take up crochet or something? We'll all be better off!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger01 View Post

It's okay they obviously missed the winky.
    Rep inbound to you for not being an anal prick

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast