$10 per shooter

Guns needed:
    Center fire semi auto pistol or revolver, no magnum cartridges
    Center fire semi auto magazine fed rifle, no larger than .308
    Pump or semi auto shotgun

Ammo:
    Up to 100 rounds Pistol
    Up to 100 rounds Rifle
    Up to 50 rounds Shotgun, no larger than 7 shot.

No steel core ammo permitted.
    No Slide fire or any other type of bump fire stocks allowed.

4 stages. No slings. No major/minor. Scoring is time plus. A - 0 sec added. B - 0 sec added. C - 1 sec added. D - 3 sec added. Miss - 5 sec added. No shoot hit - 10 sec added.

Chamber flags are required for all long guns when not in use on the course. They sell them at the club for $2.50 a piece if you do not own any.

http://www.heidelbergsportsmensassociation.org

(Berks County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Multi Gun Shoot

Bump to keep this months post above last months.

(Berks County)

Thanks, everyone, for making the shoot today. I'm sure many of you agree that Shane, Steve and Chris put up a really challenging set of courses today.

We had a lot of new participants that have done other shoots and come check us out today. I hope they enjoyed the shoot as much as we enjoyed having them there.

The results are attached to this post as a PDF file.

Thanks!Heidelberg Multi-Gun Shoot Results Jun 21,2014.pdf

(Lancaster County)

Thnx guys ! It takes alot to put on this event! I appreciate your time and effort. I look forward to this shoot every month.

(Montgomery County)

I was one of the first time shooters at this club. I also brought along two friends with me for the match. For one this was his third 3 gun and for the other, it was his first.
    I thought it was well run and a safe event. The best thing, at least on my squad, there were no whiners, everyone was friendly, and no one was over the top with seriuosness.
    We will be back again. Hopefully next month.

I want to thank everyone who helped put the match together this month. I have not been shooting this match very long, but this is absolutely one of the best sets of stages I have shot here yet. It was also one of the smoothest run matches. The stage descriptions was a huge help keeping everything consistent. The stages were well designed and presented enough challenge to keep an experienced shooter interested but were still easy enough that a new shooter was not severely disadvantaged. The popper activated out and back was a ton of fun, at first it seemed a little intimidating for people who had never shot one before (especially one that fast) but most seemed to settle down once they saw how much of the head was exposed after it went back in.

It seemed like the majority of the crowd this month was pretty good with helping reset. I did not really notice anyone on other squads lounging and not helping reset stages. The squad I was with was great to shoot with, fun guys and everyone worked with the resets all day long.

The improvements this month brought this match a large step forward. I know there is talk of further improvements and changes that I look forward to. One I heard mentioned that I am in favor of is breaking the divisions apart a little further, for example a Heavy Metal division for the guys with 45’s, 12 ga. pump and .308’s. Let them compete against each other and not against the smaller caliber, high capacity crowd.

The one thing I personally would like to see is one more stage. I mentioned it last month, but will mention it again. The second bay is left empty, and would be perfect for hosting the arcade stage every month. This month the first stage was pistol and shotgun only, so that would have been good for pistol and rifle only. Since it is a small bay it limits stage design, which suits the arcade type stage well. Lots of targets in a small space for blast away fun. If there are enough RO’s it would allow for 5 squads which helps move the match along faster and creates less down time not shooting. If I am at a match I want the gun in my hands as much as possible. If there are only enough RO’s for 4 squads it still gives an open stage to help prevent and eliminate back-ups, though there were no big ones this month.

Again thank you to everyone that helped setup and run the match this month. It was a very enjoyable match and I really like all of the stages.