Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Walmart in Milford

Noticed a couple proudly open carrying 1911's in the Walmart in Milford. Not one person second looked them but for me that was the first time I saw an open person carry in my area. I'm gaining the balls to try it.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Walmart in Milford

I believe those two may be on the forum here. There is also a gunsmith in that area who I have met with his family OC'ing in Marshalls Creek area. I open carry all over Monroe and Pike counties and have not had any issues. I frequent all the stores on rt 611 in Stroudsburg, Bartonsville etc. Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse, Longhorns, Best Buy, Panera Bread, 5 guys, Home depot, Lowes, Walmart....never a problem. Only told to leave ONE STORE DICKS SPORTING CRAP! that has been my only issue in my first year of OC. Never got to Milford but will soon now that the weather is nice. Try it you will like it. So comfortable and nice not to worry about always having it covered. Good Luck!

(Lackawanna County)

Ive done it once in awhile dont make it a habit but usually no one says anything. Was the guy older? Commander size 1911? At the time I saw him he had a beard and wore glasses

(Monroe County)

Yes.. family is from Milford. Believe his name is William. If it was him he is an excellent gunsmith.

(Lackawanna County)

If this were a couple of years ago, it mightve been my husband; he used to work in the area, but he hasn't been up that way in awhile.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Yes.. family is from Milford. Believe his name is William. If it was him he is an excellent gunsmith.
    I know who you are talking about then.

(Indiana County)

When a Pennsylvania citizen is OCing in Milford or the immediate area thereof, does one get any reactions from the subjects of nearby New York or New Jersey?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    When a Pennsylvania citizen is OCing in Milford or the immediate area thereof, does one get any reactions from the subjects of nearby New York or New Jersey?
    Their license plates can hit 10-20% at places around here and there are a few confused looks once in a while but nothing more. Once a guy saw me on the way into a store and went back to his truck until I left the store. That's 5 years worth.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Yes, lol. My husband drove a cab up there, and he said at least once a day, he had someone nearly walk into doors or traffic while eyeballing him. He once had some idiot from NJ freak out at a gas station, she thought he was coming to rob the place. Because robbers always have guns in holsters in plain view, and drive a cab.

(Monroe County)

Im in a very high ny/nj tourist and transplant area. I have never seen any reaction outside of someone glancing at my owb 1911. I have had two people from nj come up to me and shake my hand for protecting 2A. And I have had one or two winks and head nods. But I dont really pay attention to who is reacting to my firearm. I just go about my business. Its been a year for me and for awhile now its just normal. I drop it in the holster and go. One holster for my kimber 1911 and one for my 9mm shield thats my rotation. I am in the stroudsburg area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast