Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Are the Korean M1 Carbines being broken down?

Many M1 carbine stocks at Oaks gun show. I asked a vendor about it and he said they are coming in from Korea.

As is known, Korea would like to give us back the millions of carbines we loaned them and Obama is not allowing it.

Seeing stocks coming in has me alarmed and wondering if the weapons are being torn down to salvage what is allowed.

Default Re: Are the Korean M1 Carbines being broken down?

I believe its the M1 garands that are being blocked from returning. I also believe that some gun mfg. do not want any M1 garands flooding the market. What would you by? a milsurp M1 for $400 or a $1200 Springfield Armory new? Or even any other MBR be it Armalite, DPMS or Bushmaster et.al.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Tioga County)

I think the 67000 Garands did get approval to come in or they were working on it.

The nearly 700,000 M1 Carbines have been blocked by the obama clowns as dangerous street sweeping assault weapons, instead of the antique rifles powered by a weak cartridge they are.

No surprise they would begin breaking them down. Other than the American public, they have no value to any other country as surplus, serviceable weapons.

I think the Koreans are bidding their time as they know if someone like Ted Cruz gets in next term, the doors will open.

(Chester County)

We reported earlier this month on the U.S. House Appropriations Committee approving the FY15 Commerce, Justice, Science Appropriations bill. The bill then moved on to the floor of the U.S. House where, on Thursday, May 29, it was passed by a vote of 321-87. The bill contains a number of pro-gun general provisions, including:

<snip>

Sec. 518--Curios & Relics--Prohibits the Obama Administration from arbitrarily denying importation of qualifying and legal curio and relic firearms. Curios & relics are generally 50 years or older, and many are World War II and Cold War-era firearms
    http://www.nraila.org/legislation/fe...rovisions.aspx

Hopefully the addition(s) MAKE IT THROUGH...
    IANAL

(Susquehanna County)

Don't get too worked up about ROK returning M1 Rifles or M1 Carbines! There are two flavors of those in ROK. One flavor are the ones that were issued to troops until the 1970s when they started issuing locally produced under license M16s. Believe me those are BEAT! The recruits at RTC #2 used chewing gum to keep the sights set once they had established a zero!

The other flavor are those that remained in cosmoline and stored as a mobilization stock. Those should be nearly factory new and as I recall were packed in steel drums (like a 55 gal. oil drum) and put in storage.

Wish I knew for sure which "flavor" was under consideration!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Don't get too worked up about ROK returning M1 Rifles or M1 Carbines! There are two flavors of those in ROK. One flavor are the ones that were issued to troops until the 1970s when they started issuing locally produced under license M16s. Believe me those are BEAT! The recruits at RTC #2 used chewing gum to keep the sights set once they had established a zero!

The other flavor are those that remained in cosmoline and stored as a mobilization stock. Those should be nearly factory new and as I recall were packed in steel drums (like a 55 gal. oil drum) and put in storage.

Wish I knew for sure which "flavor" was under consideration!
    At this point I'll be happy with either!

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    At this point I'll be happy with either!
    I agree, with mix masters going for $850.00 plus on average it would be nice to get a good shooter for a reasonable price.