Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Colt cant shoot straight

Long article, but worth the read:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...most%20popular

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Colt cant shoot straight

This is what happens when you design your company to be dependent on government contracts.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    This is what happens when you design your company to be dependent on government contracts.
    interesting point.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Thanks for the link; interesting article. It's been WAY too long that Colt ignored the civilian market place and had essentially no new or significantly updated products. They seemed to stake the entire company (beyond the gov contracts) on more and more variations of the 1911. They missed every chance provided by market expansion to exploit it with appropriate products. I don't think they even now sell any "modern" revolver, while they had a great product line (snake guns, etc.). A long and sad decline, but I hope they can get the act together and succeed.

Regards, Jim

(Lancaster County)

That and having the entitled mentality much like GM that you'll always be there and don't have to do anything to keep up and get better.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Northampton County)

Anybody know why there are so many converted AR-15s in the NFA machinegun registry?

Colt didn't want M16s sold to civilians. If a dealer had 4 M16s and only provided proof to Colt that he sold 1 to LEO they would only restock him 1. Or none. Most real M16s in the registry are police guns.

Plus, as you saw in that article, Colt's CEO saying Congress should require a federal permit for individuals to own guns, smart gun nonsense, it's juts endless. Colt has been at the forefront of gun control for a long time. Heck, to this day I can't buy potential NFA parts from Colt.

Good read.

I've never really bothered to learn much about Colt before. My perception of them, which BTW hasn't changed because of this article, is that they are condescending fudds who never really bother to develop new or better products, and who make almost their entire living arming the government.

And frankly, they aren't even doing a good job of those things lately. Morons. I loved the part about their executives complaining that their sales are shrinking because of reductions in Pentagon spending. "We can't capitalize on the gun sales surge because we sell to the military". Geez, who ever heard of expanding your product line? Nothing, nothing at all, is preventing you from making guns that customers do want. Just like GM, "the evil customers hate us, we need a handout".
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Allegheny County)

And union labor.

(Chester County)

If Colt is to survive it has to move to a business friendly state with workers that have a right to work. They also have to get gun people at the top and start marketing modern firearms to the civilian market. How many people would line up to get a brand new Colt Python that didn't come with a Hillary hole in the frame or junky MIM trigger like Smith and Wesson? Geez, the possibilities are endless. Hope they get the picture.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If Colt is to survive it has to move to a business friendly state with workers that have a right to work. They also have to get gun people at the top and start marketing modern firearms to the civilian market. How many people would line up to get a brand new Colt Python that didn't come with a Hillary hole in the frame or junky MIM trigger like Smith and Wesson? Geez, the possibilities are endless. Hope they get the picture.
    I agree. I think a lot of top shelf gun manufacturers, Colt included, have started to slip with regards to QC and cutting too many 'cost effective' corners.

I was looking at a Colt Commander 1991; it was really nice. But I couldn't get over the fact that on a 1100 dollar pistol, they have MIM parts. Same with Sig (read about their woes of late), and even Smith & Wesson.

They need to get their acts together. Heck, I'd buy a new Python if it was well executed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast