Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

1 100.00%
  • Nay

0 0%
    (Bucks County)

Default The ONYX - IWB Holster for 5" 1911

Have any of you tried out this holster? I wanted to find out before i dropped another 100 bucks on another IWB holster. I use both a shoulder holster and an IWB but i wanted a comfortable IWB holster for the summer.

Here is the link to the product page

I donot plan on changing my carry gun, i love the reliability of my STI Trojan, it eats everything i feed it. I am EXTREMELY comfortable shooting full loads of .45ACP (+P even) through it.

Any feedback on the holster would be appreciated.

Hound.
    Last edited by TheTailhound; May 30th, 2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: forgot product page link

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: The ONYX - IWB Holster for 5" 1911

Better late than never to chime in I guess...

After making nearly every rookie mistake my first time around, I finally invested in a good quality Gun Belt and Holster. I went with Zach's Gun Belt and the Stealthgear Onyx IWB. I love them both and would highly recommend them if you're not turned off by the steep price points. Sure, you can get similar hybrids for less $$, but in my opinion, this is well worth the investment. The Onyx allows me to take my gun out of the "safe" and keep it on my person from morning till night, all day, every day, with comfort. Prior to getting this holster, my joke of a carry "system" left me uncomfortable, unsettled, and as a result, unarmed. Now, with the Onyx on my side (literally), I'm carrying with a new found confidence. Granted, I'm currently carrying a Taurus PT111 Millenium Pro (far cry from a 1911 5"!), but that's what works for me for now.

The point is, the Onyx holster makes carrying comfortable for me. Two thumbs up from me for the Onyx IWB!!

When I replace my Millenium Pro with my preferred DAO Kahr PM9, I will surely invest in another Onyx to support it. That's just my personal take on it.

Cheers.
    CarryForProtection