Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Juniata County)

Default TOUGH GUY: Public Schools Cop Shoots At Fleeing Kids Who Had Been MAKING OUT

http://news.yahoo.com/tough-guy-publ...165027887.html

School district officials in Tulsa, Okla. have placed one of the district’s police officers on paid administrative leave because he fired his gun at a vehicle containing a pair of teenagers who were trying to get busy in a car.

The shooting incident happened over the weekend in the parking lot of Eliot Elementary School, reports Tulsa Fox affiliate KOKI.

The unidentified school cop fired at the back of the vehicle as the 17-year-old driver was fleeing the scene, according to the real Tulsa police detectives who later investigated the incident.

The kids in the car were “probably doing something that they shouldn’t have been,” Tulsa police spokesman Chris Payne told KOKI.

Sensing trouble, the school cop approached the vehicle to find out what was happening. Instead of answering the cop’s questions, the driver chose to try to get the hell out of dodge.

The school cop said he felt jeopardized by the fact that a confused kid in the midst of a face-sucking session drove away from him. In response, then, he pulled out his gun and shot at the absconding vehicle, striking it with a live bullet in the rear left tire.

Tulsa police detectives have since been able to track down the teen driver. The kid told the detectives that drove off because he was just trying to leave.

School district officials noted that no one is supposed to make out on school property – or enter school property – outside of school hours.

Payne, the Tulsa Police spokesman, said the school cop was carrying the firearm legally. However, a criminal investigation will determine whether he used it appropriately in this case.

“Our police officers are all CLEET certified, so they are real police officers,” he told the Fox affiliate.

CLEET certification involves 25 hours of online or classroom-based continuing education each year.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: TOUGH GUY: Public Schools Cop Shoots At Fleeing Kids Who Had Been MAKING OUT

CLEET certification involves 25 hours of online or classroom-based continuing education each year.

I hope when I grow up I can be CLEET certified and carry anywhere I want...

Default Re: TOUGH GUY: Public Schools Cop Shoots At Fleeing Kids Who Had Been MAKING OUT

Some people seem to think that having a gun means people have to do what they say, and they are justified in shooting if a person doesnt do what they say. Some of these people are cops. Some are gangsters, some are small minded ltcf holders. All of them are an inch away from being murderers. Actually, most of them are several feet wide, because they are poor shots, fortunately.

People really need to get their mentality straightened out. You don't draw to get people to obey you. You draw when you are prepared to fire in defense of your life. Period.

This "cop" went to 25 hours of paid-for training, but did not understand the weight of responsibilty he carries on his hip.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Northampton County)

"Cop" shoots at unarmed minors who are fleeing... Gets paid administrative leave.... That's exactly what is wrong with out society!!!!
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by LilEMT View Post
    "Cop" shoots at unarmed minors who are fleeing... Gets paid administrative leave.... That's exactly what is wrong with out society!!!!
    Beat me to it. My thoughts exactly.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/tough-guy-publ...165027887.html

. . . striking it with a live bullet in the rear left tire.

What is a "live" bullet? Are there "dead" bullets?

(Bucks County)

Hey. Give the dude a break.....He may have prevented an unwanted pregnancy.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Cumberland County)

cop was prob. pissed off that a high school kid can get lucky and he can't even with his 25 hours of online training and a badge.

Tulsa police detectives have since been able to track down the teen driver. The kid told the detectives that drove off because he was just trying to leave.

School district officials noted that no one is supposed to make out on school property – or enter school property – outside of school hours.
    Thank God teachers never break this golden rule...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by flabbydan View Post
    What is a "live" bullet? Are there "dead" bullets?
    It would've been quite a trick if he blew out that tire with a blank or a snap cap! I believe this cop was probably an Elliot Rodger type when he was in school and got upset at the two kids making out when no girl would even give him the time of day when he was in school.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast