Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: H&K P30S V3 9mm

(Allegheny County)

Default H&K P30S V3 9mm

My big mistake was holding this gun at Cabelas. (DA/SA 3 7/8" barrel 15 round capacity) It feels amazing in my hand.
    Anyone have this gun care to give their opinion? Its pretty pricey but....

Also if anyone around Pittsburgh has one i could possibly try some time, I would be most appreciative (I will supply good ammo to test)

Default Re: H&K P30S V3 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    My big mistake was holding this gun at Cabelas. (DA/SA 3 7/8" barrel 15 round capacity) It feels amazing in my hand.
    Anyone have this gun care to give their opinion? Its pretty pricey but....

Also if anyone around Pittsburgh has one i could possibly try some time, I would be most appreciative (I will supply good ammo to test)
    I have the P30 V3 in .40, it is my EDC gun and I love it. The DA trigger pull takes a lot of practice, as it is long and heavy, but that would be my only complaint.

I'll try to make a long story short. 3 or 4 years ago, I bought a P30, but then saw that for the price of the P30, I could buy a Springfield XDM plus a ton of mags, so I did. Between then and about a year ago, I went through several other carry guns before coming back to the P30. It is the single best carry pistol I've ever had..., again, for me.

You know what they say, if you love something, set it free..., if it comes back, it's meant to be.

Anyway, I know you're looking at the 9mm, but you're more than welcome to shoot my .40. I go to either PMSC or A&S over in Youngwood, and I'm going shooting the weekend of the 7th.

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks i may be at Collier the 7th with Glockgirl helping at a Women on Target class though. We met before at the BBQs?

I have a P30, V3 in 9mm. Great gun! As mentioned, the trigger takes some getting used to.

Another complaint for me at least is the sights. They're not true night sights. From what I understand, Germany doesn't allow radioactive active materials, so tritium can't be used. The HK sights need to be "charged" with a light source to make them glow in low light. When you unholster the gun, the rear sight dots glow, because they've been exposed to light but you can't see the dot on the front sight, since it was in the holster.

I blacked out the dots on the rear sight with a black Sharpie & installed a 10-8 brass bead front sight on mine.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

I thought that green may glow in the dark- salesperson said they didn't. I may paint white if i ever get one.

Yes we have.

I put these on my P30;

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Triji...-205p14558.htm

I can see Collier from my back patio, and I hear them shooting all day long, but was never able to find a way in there. They seemed unresponsive, and glockgirl tells me that they have some restrictions that I probably wouldn't like. But, it sure would be nice to drive 30 seconds to shoot.

Justin

(Montgomery County)

Great gun. I'm selling mine though because I now prefer the LEM trigger. Shame you are on the opposite side of PA. Mine is listed in the classifieds here.
    WARNING:
    Once you buy one HK. More will follow ;-)
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

I've been thinking of picking up the LEM version. Do you have V1 or V2? Have you tried both?

Justin

(Montgomery County)

I have a v2 p2000 and p2000sk. They're great. I like DA/SA too and have no problem going back and forth between the two. Never shot a V1 (light LEM), but I can't see how I wouldn't like it.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)