Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stolen LTCF

(Mercer County)

Default Stolen LTCF

Some Jagoff stole my wallet last night. I must of dropped it when I got gas last night. Luckily I had some business cards in it and a nice guy found it today and called me. When I picked it up I had $120 missing, my LTCF missing, and a few random cards like sheets and giant eagle fuel perks. They left my drivers license, my credit cards, my social security card(yes I know its dumb to carry) and everything else. I reported it to police. What are the steps of getting another LTCF? How much is identity theft protection, do you think it would be necessary in this situation.

(Carbon County)

Default Re: Stolen LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    Some Jagoff stole my wallet last night. I must of dropped it when I got gas last night. Luckily I had some business cards in it and a nice guy found it today and called me. When I picked it up I had $120 missing, my LTCF missing, and a few random cards like sheets and giant eagle fuel perks. They left my drivers license, my credit cards, my social security card(yes I know its dumb to carry) and everything else. I reported it to police. What are the steps of getting another LTCF? How much is identity theft protection, do you think it would be necessary in this situation.
    you should contact the issuing agent ; aka sheriff

(York County)

Cancel all credit cards now. Often thieves will leave the cards but copy the numbers. They have longer to use the cards if people think they are ok and don't cancel them.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Indiana County)

Pop by your sheriff's office, report your LTCF stolen, and ask for a replacement.

Shouldn't be any problem at all. Might cost you five bucks or something.

(Delaware County)

Unfortunately, there is nothing in the UFA about how to handle a lost/stolen/destroyed LTCF. It seems to be up to the sheriff's discretion about what to do.

The consensus is that they will revoke your old one and issue a new one. Some, less anal sheriffs, may just reissue it (there is a checkbox on it marked "Duplicate"). Why they just couldn't handle it like a lost/stolen driver's license, I don't know - but that would be too easy...

In Phila, they'd treat you like the criminal and probably not reissue it...

You should, most definitely, contact the issuing sheriff and report its theft.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Cancel all credit cards now. Often thieves will leave the cards but copy the numbers. They have longer to use the cards if people think they are ok and don't cancel them.
    Thank you! I did not know that. I was about to not cancel them because I thought there was no point to

(Monroe County)

On a side note the douche bag that stole your LTCF now knows where you live and that you have weapons in your home. So it would be wise to keep an eye out for a home recon that may occur to take your weapons which would mean big bucks to a scumbag.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    On a side note the douche bag that stole your LTCF now knows where you live and that you have weapons in your home. So it would be wise to keep an eye out for a home recon that may occur to take your weapons which would mean big bucks to a scumbag.
    Maybe the guy knows he has a hipoint and won't bother?

...and who carries their money in a wallet? You carry it in a roll with a beaner on the outside.

Last edited by streaker69; May 29th, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe the guy knows he has a hipoint and won't bother?
    Streaker for once I was trying to be good, but I laughed when I read this

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post

OP, you are a black cloud. Everywhere you go, no matter what you do, something exponentially fucks up. STAY HOME....but then again, if you do that your house will probably explode.

Just go to the sheriff's office. They may charge you full price for a new LTCF.
    Proud to be a Longwall pig...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast