Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Fight Night Round 3 for this-gen consoles

I know this effect is apparent with all games...you beat someone, or a string of people, at a game, or the game doesn't work how they anticipated, or they think you 'cheated' or played unfairly, and then they never want to play it again...

I have this problem with Fight Night Round 3 (mainly on the Xbox360 DEMO VERSION in sidescroll mode, but have had the same issue on the full version on PS3).

What happens is that I and everyone else I play is a complete novice at this game, and I haven't played a boxing game since Rocky VS Clubber on the Colecovision. I think it's fun to play a boxing game on a this-gen console (even with the damned glitches!)

The controls really aren't that hard to get familiarity with, although it would take time to become precise with some of the features (blocking mostly, and some total punch control). I find some tactics work excessively well (as a novice) versus other tactics, and it's easy to see a new strategy and adapt.

I just watched the IGN/Gamespy FNR3 launch tournament at held at the same (years ago), and found it interesting although not enlightening. These novices (although they had previous tournaments in FN versions) were new, like me, but they didn't even necessarily employ ridiculous but useful tactics I see novices (including myself) pick up early in gaming.

I play a number of my friends and then they don't want to play any more, and it's a shame. I want to punch some more! I tell them that I can teach them how to beat me, or if they just spent a bit more time I'm sure they'd own me.

They won't have it.

Anyone wanna play FNR3? ((

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Fight Night Round 3 for this-gen consoles

I LOVE FightNight 3 for my PS3. What a beautifully crafted game.

We are lucky enough to have a stand up cabinet with Street Fighter Third Strike at work.. and oh boy.. we play the living S out of that machine.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Fight Night Round 3 for this-gen consoles

On whichever was the latest version on the first xbox I used to HAMMER my brothers at that game. Sometimes resulting in thrown controlers and extremely profane language....