Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Juniata County)

Default PSP says in shooting of truck driver by twp officer justified

http://wnep.com/2014/05/27/troopers-...had-no-choice/

HEMLOCK TOWNSHIP — State police say than an officer who shot a truck driver Monday night in Columbia County had no choice.
    And in a news release Tuesday afternoon, Columbia County District Attorney Thomas Leipold said the shooting by Hemlock Township Officer Charles Dietterick was justified.
    The incident happened around 9 p.m. Monday on the eastbound Interstate 80 off-ramp at the Buckhorn exit. That’s near Bloomsburg.
    According to troopers, Officer Dietterick pulled the truck over for not having a front bumper and other violations. The officer told the driver that the rig was being pulled off the road.
    Troopers say the truck driver, Dan Hadean, of Oklahoma City, became belligerent. Dietterick fired a stun gun at Hadean, but it was ineffective.
    State police say that Hadean pulled out pepper spray and sprayed the officer. He is also accused of hitting Dieterrick on the hand with a large hammer, causing the officer to lose his grip on the stun gun.
    Dietterick then shot Hadean two times, hitting him in shoulder and the abdomen.
    Troopers say Hadean will recover, and he could be charged as soon as Tuesday afternoon.
    State police say they want Hadean to be charged with attempted homicide, but the district attorney will have the final decision.
    Troopers describe Hadean as as independent truck driver. They believe he was hauling fruit when he got pulled over in Columbia County.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; May 27th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Default Re: PSP involved in shooting of truck driver

Hopefully it is on camera & personal mic, but it reads like a good shoot.

Shame the officer was injured; hopefully he heals quickly.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; May 27th, 2014 at 03:56 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Default Re: PSP says in shooting of truck driver by twp officer justified

There's a big truck stop at Buckhorn. We used to eat there when we went turkey hunting up there. Haven't been there for a few years now.

I have a friend that drives a large hay truck with rolls of baled hay that weigh 10,000 pounds a piece. It is almost impossible if not impossible to make living as an independent and keep the proper log books with all the new hours of service regs. The equipment should be maintained and it's what the police are looking for to pull you over to check those books. They know no one can keep proper books without losing money. You lose money either way, either through fines or by operating according to the law.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Being belligerent warrants being stun gunned? Comply/stop resisting.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    There's a big truck stop at Buckhorn. We used to eat there when we went turkey hunting up there. Haven't been there for a few years now.

I have a friend that drives a large hay truck with rolls of baled hay that weigh 10,000 pounds a piece. It is almost impossible if not impossible to make living as an independent and keep the proper log books with all the new hours of service regs. The equipment should be maintained and it's what the police are looking for to pull you over to check those books. They know no one can keep proper books without losing money. You lose money either way, either through fines or by operating according to the law.
    There are plenty of independent truck drivers who follow the laws and still make money..... and there are MANY like this guy who skirt them and drive dangerous trucks and don't follow the driving rules and endanger everyone on the road.

(Chester County)

If you follow all the hours of service laws you will soon be broke. They were designed to get the independent trucker off the road. There's no excuse for having dangerous equipment on the road though.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post

Sorry for the nit pick, but I don't think there any 10,000 pound round bales. That would be one huge bale.

http://hayandforage.com/marketing/wh...les-worth-0614

Patrick