Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Man shoots self in face.

Why do some people have the urge to look down their barrel of their gun without checking for saftey ? Seen it dozens of times at the Range and usually weekend shooters not familiar with the guns,And years ago once went to Sunset Hill Range and observed no leass than 5 shooters doing the same idiotic barrel check !

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Why do some people have the urge to look down their barrel of their gun without checking for saftey ? Seen it dozens of times at the Range and usually weekend shooters not familiar with the guns,And years ago once went to Sunset Hill Range and observed no leass than 5 shooters doing the same idiotic barrel check !
    In all the years I have been involved in shooting, it no longer surprises me. Most people who get a firearm Do NOT know how to safely handle it.

I know this is a broad statement, but I have seen police officers who do not know the first thing about gun safety. Not all mind you, but enough to be concerned.

Then there are those who KNOW their gun safety, but become so accustomed to the environment that they become complacent. They no longer feel those very simple rules apply to them.

This is why I appreciated the PMSC group shoots, every shoot has "Church" before it where the basic rules are repeated and shooters who might not have range experience are usually invited aside to get a range safety brief course.

When i attended those shoots, i usually volunteered to give this lesson.
    Some of the people on this board probably remember very well. Mostly when I would show them an empty 9MM Cz, closed the action and shot 16 rounds down range to show them, the gun is never "Safe" as long as some one is holding it. ALWAYS check your gun, leave the action open and visible if you are holding it, point it in a safe direction.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Because you never know what you'll find down there ??
    I agree, unless you have a death wish that's pretty stupid
    Jesus is Lord !

DUHHHHH!!!

Da bullwit is stuk!

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Bucks County)

You would think that the man who invented the interwebs would be smarter than this.

Al Gore was a reporter, not an infantryman, when he was in Vietnam. (And, his one-year tour was shortened to six months.) Therefore, this "heroic looking" photo was entirely staged. And, because he was not an infantryman, he didn't even know how to stage it correctly.

First of all, unless it's an emergency, no real soldier would stop to adjust his rifle sling after going into the bush. More importantly, though, take a look at the rifle. It is pointed at his own head. And, most amazingly of all, the selector lever is on Semi, and not on Safe!!

Yet, the people of the United States voted this bozo to become vice-president?!

God help us.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know you shouldn't point a loaded gun at your head. If someone actually pulls the trigger, they're doing the human gene pool a huge favor.

(Beaver County)

Probably this guy......

Obligatory IANAL!

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    (By the power of truth, I while living have conquered the universe)

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingjunkie View Post
    Probably this guy......

The rule is to keep your finger off the trigger. I don't remember any rules about thumbs.

(Wayne County)

Whats his new name, DEAD EYE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast