Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Ammo to use against the ANTI'S! Please sticky this!

I want to start a new thread that contains news about murder that IS NOT as a result of a shooting from around the country for people who post on Facebook and other places. A thread that people can turn to for ammo to counter all of "the shooter, shootings, gun violence, guns are killing our baby's, ban guns, yadda, yadda, ext, ext! It's to counter what EVERY anti-gun person and news agency is doing is doing to us.

So here is my start

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/usa/c...lled-1.1336894

Mother carves up her kids with a knife!
    Multiple knives taken from the scene

Torrance, California: A grandmother arrived at a dilapidated home on a busy Southern California street to visit her daughter and three grandchildren, only to find the girls’ small, blood-covered bodies neatly arranged on a bed.
    Neighbours and authorities say the woman frantically ran outside, throwing a bloody knife to the ground and told the girls’ father, who was working on a car, that his wife had gone crazy and killed all the kids. Then she called 911.
    “’Oh my God, oh my God,’” he screamed after learning his daughters were dead, said next-door neighbour Veronica Ruiz, who watched the aftermath unfold.
    Authorities said 30-year-old Carol Coronado remained hospitalised and in custody Wednesday after being taken from the grisly scene Tuesday afternoon covered in blood and naked under a blanket, with multiple self-inflicted stab and slice wounds.

She’s expected to be arrested on suspicion of murder in the death of her daughters, who were 2 years, 16 months and 2 months old, after she is released from the hospital, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lt Dave Coleman said.
    “The babies were on the bed,” Coleman said. “And not in a haphazard fashion, they were placed on the bed, so how and where they were killed, we’re going to have to figure that out.”
    Investigators were reviewing Coronado’s medical records and her service in the military. She joined the Army after high school but only spent a few months in the service before being released due to an injury, Coleman said.
    Multiple knives were taken from the scene, including the knife the grandmother threw on the ground, which was believed to be the one used to stab the girls to death.
    Authorities said the grandmother, whose name was not released by authorities, had come to the home near Torrance to visit after receiving a call from her daughter. Coleman said detectives believe the stabbings likely occurred just before the grandmother arrived to visit.
    Coleman said investigators don’t believe there were prior calls for deputies to visit the home, but he stressed that it was still early in the investigation.
    On Wednesday, the home in the working class neighbourhood was quiet except for reporters and photographers who crowded the fenced-off area to get a look at a yard piled high with junk and a small residence that appeared to be a converted garage or shed, with a red and green “Seasons Greetings” sign hanging from it.
    Ruiz’s son, 15-year-old Jesus Renteria, said the grandmother told him and his mother that Coronado was overwhelmed.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Ammo to use against the ANTI'S! Please sticky this!

I disagree. Sharing stories of murder and violence perpetrated with weapons other than firearms will not convince anti's to change their beliefs about guns. Many of these stories are already making it into the news cycle. For example, the nut who went on a rampage recently in California used both a knife and gun to kill. There is no call to have knives banned or blame being placed on the American Knife and Tool Institute. The headlines don't say "California Stabber..."

Rather, I believe better "ammo" to combat the anti's would be to counter with stories where guns save lives. There is already a website that has such stories, and updates their list on a seemingly daily basis. The website is gunssavelives.net

Here is a link specifically to their listing on stories where a guns in private citizens hands saved lives.

Gun Save Lives - Self-Defense Uses

(Lehigh County)

Here are three recent stories with no shots fired:

Woman pulls handgun on would-be robber
    (VIDEO INTERVIEW AT LINK)

FORT DODGE, Iowa —A man who tried to take money from a Fort Dodge textbook store didn’t get a single dime Wednesday after an employee pulled a handgun on the would-be thief.

Discount Textbooks in Fort Dodge has a gun in the back counter. Jessica McDonald, 22, turned to that firearm for her personal safety.

“I feel comfortable now using it, but I always said I never thought I would,” McDonald said.

McDonald had just opened the store a few minutes before 9 a.m. when a white man between 50 and 60 years old came into the store and started coughing. He covered his face with a bandana and demanded money.

“At that point, I opened up my register and took the till out and showed him I don’t have any money in my register,” McDonald said.

He moved behind the computer.

“We were face to face, and then he, like, put the mace right in my face and said, ‘Give me all the money out of your register,’” McDonald said.

McDonald said she got the gun out of the safe and pointed it at the would-be thief. She said she told him to leave the store and backed away with the gun pointed at him.

McDonald told a person who called during the attempted robbery to call 911. The man took off, and she chased him into the parking lot while yelling, 'Call 911.'

Paul Tigges, the store’s manager, said the firearm was put there for employees’ safety.

“Anything could happen had we not had that firearm in that store and she did not have access to it,” Tigges said. “We’ll never know what might have happened.”

McDonald said she was surprised initially when she learned the gun was there.

“It was shocking to me when I started here that there is a gun and I always thought it was over the top and we didn’t need it, but I’m very glad that we have it,” she said.

Police said they do not have a suspect in connection with the case. They said it remains under investigation.

Police said the would-be thief is 5 feet 5 inches tall with gray facial hair. He was riding a smaller-framed black bike. Those with information can contact Fort Dodge police.

http://www.kcci.com/news/woman-pulls...obber/26132766

Held at gunpoint, home invasion suspect hides in bathroom

FORT WAYNE – A Fort Wayne man accused of invading a home with four other men was arrested after the others left him trapped in a bathroom and the residents held him until police arrived.

Nathan L. Simmerson, 20, of the 300 block of West Williams Street, was formally charged Wednesday with burglary for what police said was his role in the home invasion in northeast Fort Wayne.

Simmerson and four others, at least two of whom were armed, went to a home Saturday evening in the 4500 block of Hartford Drive, near Stellhorn and Lahmeyer roads, where they donned masks and forced their way into the home when a resident answered the door, according to a probable cause affidavit.

Once in the house, Simmerson went upstairs and encountered a resident armed with a handgun, prompting Simmerson, armed with a crowbar, to barricade himself in a nearby bathroom, the report said.

As Simmerson was in the bathroom, the four other intruders searched the first floor of the house and forced three of the home's residents to get on the floor.

One of the victims yelled to the resident still upstairs to get an assault rifle, at which point all four of the would-be robbers ran out the front door, according to the affidavit.

Eventually, Simmerson burst from the bathroom and dropped his crowbar as he tried to run downstairs and out of the house, the residents told police.

They said Simmerson ran farther into the house as he tried to escape, but all four residents tackled and held him until police officers arrived.

Simmerson told investigators he did not know the last names of the others with him during the robbery, according to the affidavit, and they targeted the house because they thought there would be drugs and money in it. He was being held Wednesday in lieu of $10,000 bail.

http://www.journalgazette.net/articl...920/1002/LOCAL

Intruder surprised by armed, naked homeowner
    (VIDEO INTERVIEW AT LINK)

SAN DIEGO - It was a bizarre end to an attempted burglary at a Point Loma home early Tuesday.

Keith Groves heard a crashing sound and then another at 4:22 a.m.

"I jumped out of bed," he said. "I don't sleep with any clothes on and I was stark naked. I looked out and saw the garage door was open and my kitchen window was broken."

Groves ran back to the bedroom for one item: a handgun. He did not bother to dress.

"And I went outside with no clothes and saw this guy standing in the garage and I confronted him, tried to be as bad-looking as I possibly could, probably pretty funny-looking," said Groves. "I yelled real loud to my neighbor, 'Joel, call the cops.'"

The garage houses a classic in mint condition: a '32 Ford Roadster. The man was standing next to it, smoking a cigarette.

Groves tried to project an image as he stood on his driveway in all his glory, pointing a gun at the would-be burglar.

"I'm not going to tell you what I said on camera because it was very vulgar," he said. "I dropped a bunch of f-bombs and tried to sound like a real bad guy, which I'm not … But I impressed him that I was."

Soon, he heard the welcome sound of sirens. A patrol officer arrived and the retired San Diego Fire-Rescue Department battalion chief was able to get dressed.

He has a belated New Year's resolution.

"I will put some shorts by my bed," he said.

http://www.10news.com/news/intruder-...owner-04292014

(York County)

Default Re: Ammo to use against the ANTIS

"Ammo to use against the ANTI'S!"
    Dam - saw the title and hoped this would be an informative discussion of the effectiveness of GDHP vs SXT, HTP, Ranger, etc, etc.

Hate to see innocent ballistic gelatin used for such purposes - finally the Anti's could be good for something!
    Last edited by 2DogsBarking; May 26th, 2014 at 10:27 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Anti-gun people are a small minority. They are beyond reason.

We need to reach the people who don't own firearms or who do own firearms but figure "more restrictions won't hurt anything".

The gun control lobby is now focusing on Balkanizing gun owners. They want to marginalize people who think that gun ownership is a right, not a privilege, away from "everyone else".

(Westmoreland County)

Gun control lobby are not the Media.

The Media supports gun control. The gun control lobby promotes the narratives and lies that frame the debate.

We need to talk back to the lies.

1. Firearms have positive uses.
    2. Most firearms are NOT used in crime. Most firearms sit around doing nothing.
    3. Most firearms are NOT used in murder. A very tiny number of firearms are used in crime.
    4. Nations of the world with higher murder rates than the US have tougher gun control. They are not all Developing nations - Russia and Belorussia have higher rates of murder than the US. Jamaica, a known Tourist destination, has a vastly higher murder rate than the US.
    5. Cities in the United States with the highest murder rates have tougher gun control than rural areas with few murders.
    6. Self defense is a legitimate use of firearms because in the US Police are not legally required to defend anyone.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I disagree. Sharing stories of murder and violence perpetrated with weapons other than firearms will not convince anti's to change their beliefs about guns. Many of these stories are already making it into the news cycle. For example, the nut who went on a rampage recently in California used both a knife and gun to kill. There is no call to have knives banned or blame being placed on the American Knife and Tool Institute. The headlines don't say "California Stabber..."

Rather, I believe better "ammo" to combat the anti's would be to counter with stories where guns save lives. There is already a website that has such stories, and updates their list on a seemingly daily basis. The website is gunssavelives.net

Here is a link specifically to their listing on stories where a guns in private citizens hands saved lives.

Gun Save Lives - Self-Defense Uses
    I think anything that gets the message out that deranged,crazy or just people that didn't take thier meds will use any means to get to their desired end.

As I stated somewhere else, I'm curious as hell as to how many people where shot when I ask that question in work on tuesday..

just 1 headline
    "22-year-old shoots and kills 6 people because... girls won't sleep with him"

How do you think that headline is taken?
    Last edited by 51158; May 26th, 2014 at 01:07 PM.
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

And how's that been working out for us.

(Erie County)

Default Re: Ammo to use against the ANTI'S! Please DO NOT sticky this!

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    just 1 headline
    "22-year-old shoots and kills 6 people because... girls won't sleep with him"

How do you think that headline is taken?

And now the Virginia Tech massacre seems a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Northampton County)

I prefer to battle them with HPBT ammo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast