Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Kel Tec RFB rifle

Kel Tec announced at SHOT that they will be adding the RFB rifle chambered in .308.

http://www.kel-tec.com/images/downlo...T_2007_web.pdf

It is a unique looking bullpup rifle that is interesting, but I see some things I do not like about the rifle. I do not like rifles that does not have any protection around the barrel. That barrel is exposed to lord knows what and it's not free floated because the bipod is mounted right on the barrel. I'm sure that Kel Tec will modify some of the features of the rifle. The rifle will use FAL mags, so that is a nice bonus. I just hope that Kel Tec reinforces the rifle with more steel versus the cheap polymer that they use on their other weapons. The MSRP is $2k-3K, which is a deal breaker for me. For that price I'm getting a GAP.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Kel Tec RFB rifle

I saw this flyer a few weeks ago.

I sure hope that for 2 or 3k KelTek ups the quality of the plastic.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Agreed on a better polymer. If it was the same polymer used on XD's, Steyr's and Glocks, it should be a solid rifle. I still would get a GAP over the Kel Tec, but that's just me.

(Bucks County)

Kel-tec has some of the most interesting designs for rifles. I have always digged them since i tried the sub-2000. But yeah, that plastic they use can on some parts be a lil-bit easy to break.
    My range had this for sale but in light tan....
    http://www.kel-tec.com/su16a.html
    It is a off-beat different design, but thats what i like about em!
    Lol classic pistol wants $420 for one of them.
    Drakin
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Beaver County)

Wow. I dont much care for the ejectrion chute. It seems that it might be a malfunction zone.

$420 is a great price for a SU16. I'd get the variant that you can shoot it while it's folded. That link you had showed one that could not be fired when folded, which would add no benefit to it's owner.

(Bucks County)

out of all the varients, this is the one i like the best.
    http://www.kel-tec.com/su16d.html
    The plastic bi-pod on the other models, after i saw it in person, when unfolded is very-very flimsy. But then again it is not meant for heavy shooting. I dig it.
    Drakin
    Life and Liberty, Freedom for all.

(Montgomery County)

the ejection chute wont be a problem, if they nwent with a tried and true design like the one on the FS2000.
    after seeing the exploded view of this gun, it looks like they did...the bolt varrier has a ejection tab on it that will pop those shells out with authority.

however, for TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS....it better serve me a cold refreshing beverage and some oral gratification while shooting.

I'll stik with my FAL carbine or any of my other rifles over this...I like Keltec, but this is over the top..and yah, I'm complaining about price here:0(
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Default Re: Kel Tec RFB rifle Preorder

I found the first site with a preorder for the Kel - Tec RFB. They're showing a price of 1799.00. I'm getting one! http://www.impactguns.com/cgi-bin/af...e/KEL-762.html

(Lebanon County)

$1500 + for that?!? UUUHHH...no thank you!

For what they are asking, a Springfield Armory M1A1 SOCOM series would be a better and time proven choice...be careful with your dinero!
    Last edited by kmrcstintn; February 25th, 2007 at 05:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast