Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default PA Reciprocity Problems

PA Reciprocity Problems

Our friends in Pennsylvania need our help.

Their Attorney General has taken it upon herself to ignore the statutory limits on her power and modify - and even cancel - longstanding reciprocity agreements with other states. Recently she has made changes to the reciprocity agreements with Virginia, Florida, and Arizona, and she has canceled reciprocity agreements with Idaho and Utah.

I suspect that Mike Bloomberg or the Legal Center Against Violence - or whatever those rights-hating San Francisco lawyers are calling themselves this week - have been whispering in the AG's ear and convinced her that she can get away with this BS. If that's the case, be on the lookout for similar actions in other states.

Right now, we need to put pressure on Pennsylvania politicians to rein in the AG and force her to respect the rights of Pennsylvanians and folks who would like to visit that state.

If you are a PA resident, please contact your state legislators demanding that they get their Attorney General under control.

Whether you're a PA resident or not, please let the Governor know that you're not happy about the situation. Not only does this mean that those of us wishing to visit PA are more likely to have problems carrying our personal defense arms, but Pennsylvanians wishing to visit other states are now at greater risk.

Tourism is a major industry in Pennsylvania and that got a boost a few years ago when the National Park Service ban on lawful carry on NPS lands was lifted - opening up battlefield parks like Gettysburg to those of us who avoid going where we can't go armed. That is now being jeopardized by the extra-statutory actions of this rogue AG.

If you've ever considered visiting Pennsylvania, let the Governor know that those plans are on hold until such time as the PA AG stops threatening the rights of responsible, licensed, law-abiding visitors.

The Governor's email address is: Governor@PA.gov

Here is the note I've sent him. Please use it as a guide to send him a note of your own to let him know that his AG is costing his state business. You don't have to say a lot, just let him know you're not happy and you're going to avoid

Dear Governor Corbett:

I'm very disappointed to learn that your Attorney General, Kathleen Kane, has chosen to exceed her statutory authority and modify or delete reciprocity agreements concerning the discreet carry of personal defense firearms. My home state of Arizona and the state of Utah, where I have maintained a non-resident permit for a number of years, have been targeted.

While it is possible that I personally could legally carry my firearm in Pennsylvania - as I have been lawfully and responsibly doing for over three decades all over this country, I will not lend my support and tourist dollars to a state that is actively trying to infringe on my, and my fellow citizens' rights.

I guess I'll take my grandson to visit the Manassas and Fredericksburg, Virginia battlefields instead of Gettysburg this summer. I'm also letting my friends know about this situation and encouraging them to suspend any planned visits to PA and to avoid doing business with PA-based businesses until this situation is resolved.

I hope you and the legislature will act quickly to bring this rogue politician into compliance with PA statutes and demonstrate that Pennsylvania still respects individual rights.

Please let me know when your state is again open for business and tourism.

Sincerely,

Jeff Knox

Buckeye, Arizona

The Governor is a Republican and generally friendly to our cause. Let him know that the gun-unfriendly Democrat AG is hurting his state with her overreaching, extra-statutory meddling. Please send a quick note to Governor Corbett right now, then forward this Alert to your rights-supporting friends.

Primary Season

Primary season has already started. Primary dates vary in each state, but it is a great opportunity for you to have an impact because so few people vote in the primaries. Inexplicably, the NRA does not make endorsements in contested primaries - denying pro-rights candidates their support, and often leaving voters with a choice between two anti-rights candidates in November.

Jeff Knox takes a look at the importance of primaries in the latest Knox Report, now available at http://www.firearmscoalition.org/.

If you're not receiving our bi-monthly newsletter, The Hard Corps Report, please consider subscribing at http://www.firearmscoalition.org/. Also please consider making a donation to help us in the fight.

Please help us spread the word by "Liking" us on Facebook, and sharing our columns and information with your friends and family.
    Together we can protect our rights and save our republic.

Yours for the Second Amendment,

The Firearms Coalition

(Juniata County)

Default Re: PA Reciprocity Problems

Thanks for noticing us. We feel pretty lonely being the only bastion of freedom in the northeast.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

I sent an email. This has to STOP!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Delaware County)

Just discovered that Virginia got hit by this... Due to being stationed in VA with the Navy, I got a concealed carry permit here. I have since been transferred to a station in Maryland, and since I am not stationed in VA or a legal resident of the state, I will have to get a non-resident permit when the one I have expires. I'm in kind of a weird position: I'm not a resident of VA, but I have a resident CC permit. Same with PA. I got my LTCF when I was a resident, but I am no longer a resident and it hasn't yet expired.

(Lancaster County)

Ive got something on the works I've received my right to know response regarding copies of the required reciprocity letters the ag is supposed to send out . turns out she sent requests to states that are in no way similar to pa and ignored the ones that are. Currently I'm putting together a comparison and requesting information as to why those states were not contacted.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Ive got something on the works I've received my right to know response regarding copies of the required reciprocity letters the ag is supposed to send out . turns out she sent requests to states that are in no way similar to pa and ignored the ones that are. Currently I'm putting together a comparison and requesting information as to why those states were not contacted.
    Looking at the reciprocity map, I don't see much more that PA can get with the current state of its laws and those states with which they don't have reciprocity, minus of course UT and Idaho (and putting the non-res issues of AZ,FL,VA exc. aside). The other states either have zero reciprocity or require training or fingerprints (WA) as a condition.

(Philadelphia County)

As of a few weeks ago, Attorney General Kane revoked reciprocity with UT. That in conjunction with the modification of reciprocity with FL is going to cripple many americans who want to concealed carry when traveling through PA. I just wrote her and the governor a letter urging them to restore the agreements between the 3 states back to the pre 2013 status. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but after ready the Attorney General's website, I feel as though she might be a Bloomberger and therefore needs to be stopped before she makes PA into a clone of our other northeastern neighbors.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rdvs87 View Post
    ... I feel as though she might be a Bloomberger ...
    Might be? MIGHT BE?! Are you new around here or something?

Quote Originally Posted by rdvs87 View Post
    ... and therefore needs to be stopped before she makes PA into a clone of our other northeastern neighbors.
    Yup, that clinches it. You've been living under a rock, or - at the *very* least - somewhere that PAFOA didn't reach you.

THIS IS NOT NEWS!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Looking at the reciprocity map, I don't see much more that PA can get with the current state of its laws and those states with which they don't have reciprocity, minus of course UT and Idaho (and putting the non-res issues of AZ,FL,VA exc. aside). The other states either have zero reciprocity or require training or fingerprints (WA) as a condition.
    Maybe not but in all fairness of she contacted California, new Jersey, Ohio, Maryland, new York and a handful of others all of which are in no way similar then I felt she should be sending that letter out to all states that we are not reciprocal with. Besides if we don't keep these idiots in power on their toes then they keep making decisions for us or worse yet against us. either way I think it's worth bringing up with them so that they know we are actually paying attention.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    Maybe not but in all fairness of she contacted California, new Jersey, Ohio, Maryland, new York and a handful of others all of which are in no way similar then I felt she should be sending that letter out to all states that we are not reciprocal with. Besides if we don't keep these idiots in power on their toes then they keep making decisions for us or worse yet against us. either way I think it's worth bringing up with them so that they know we are actually paying attention.
    Asking nj for a reciprocity agreement? Oh she must need a 72 hour mental evaluation... where did you find this out?
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast