Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Fire Mission: Range Needs Survey

I hope I can impose on the membership here for a few moments to ask for your help.

I've been commissioned to conduct a survey of gun owners to determine if your needs for a range are currently being met, and what sort of range services and shooting styles you guys would like to have available if your present range/club does not provide them.

The survey is completely confidential and takes less than five minutes to complete.
    Please feel free to circulate this link among your fellow gun owners. The more responses we have from a diversified population, the better the quality of information.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
    http://www.gothammarketing.com/site/...s/range-survey
    Last edited by Rovert; May 24th, 2014 at 12:20 PM.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Fire Mission: Range Needs Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    I hope I can impose on the membership here for a few moments to ask for your help.

I've been commissioned to conduct a survey gun owners to determine if your needs for a range are currently being met, and what sort of range services and shooting styles you guys would like to have available if your present range/club does not provide them.

The survey is completely confidential and takes less than five minutes to complete.
    Please feel free to circulate this link among your fellow gun owners. The more responses we have from a diversified population, the better the quality of information.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!
    http://www.gothammarketing.com/site/...s/range-survey
    Before I would take part in any survey I need to know who is running the survey and why they are running it. For all I know this could be used by an ANTI group to further their agenda, although right now I cannot see how. I would rather not be involved in a survey than hurt gun ownership.

Bob, though I understand your concern, I can assure you that after over a decade in 2nd Amendment Advocacy, this type of kneejerk reaction is what causes us to lose more opportunities and marginalize ourselves by not speaking up. Is it any wonder why the libtards who shoot their mouths off all the time are getting all the news?

If my assurance as a member of this forum is not enough, then you're welcome to bow out, but please don't stop others from responding. You acknowledge yourself that you can't see how the information could be "used against you", any personally identifiable information is optional, and I constructed the survey to specifically avoid any detailed questions that might cross the line into 'private' information, so I fail to understand what's holding you back. However, I'll ask you to please don't sour it for others to share their opinions.
    Last edited by Rovert; May 24th, 2014 at 12:14 PM.

(Washington County)

Bob, though I understand your concern, I can assure you that after over a decade in 2nd Amendment Advocacy, this type of kneejerk reaction is what causes us to lose more opportunities and marginalize ourselves by not speaking up.

If my assurance as a member of this forum is not enough, then you're welcome to bow out, but please don't stop others from responding. You acknowledge yourself that you can't see how the information could be "used against you", and any personally identifiable information is optional.
    You did not answer the question, so now I must worry about this more. I do not know you nor do I remember seeing a large volume of post in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    You did not answer the question, so now I must worry about this more. I do not know you nor do I remember seeing a large volume of post in this forum.
    Bob, as someone who's 62 years of age, do you not remember the 'blind' Coke/Pepsi challenge? Surely you understand that marketing surveys are often confidential and any information about who's behind it might skew the results rendering the information biased.

It's obvious you're too busy making a case for your own misgivings. Please stand aside and let others make their own choice. This isn't about you. If you don't want to participate, fine, but please don't grandstand. This isn't the time or place for a crusade.
    Last edited by Rovert; May 24th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

(Warren County)

As a mature adult who has had many years experience getting screwed, the hair went up on the back of my neck reading first post.

You won't say who is running the survey or why.

Then you get defensive when somebody asks for specifics, instead of supplying answers.

Sounds suspiciously "progressive" to me.

All sorts of people are members of this forum. It's not a criteria for trust.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Philadelphia County)

Sorry, you are asking for identification information without providing any from your side. I'll decline thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Sorry, you are asking for identification information without providing any from your side. I'll decline thank you.
    If you took a moment to look at the survey, you would note that it does NOT require any identification - your name and contact email are entirely optional, thus invalidating your point about requiring information about who commissioned the survey. But you're welcome to sit this one out. The clock is ticking on responses from others who gladly shared their viewpoints.

In the meantime, if you wonder why gun owners are never properly or adequately represented, one needs to but look at the response here to understand why.

(Northampton County)

Bob, as someone who's 62 years of age, do you not remember the 'blind' Coke/Pepsi challenge? Surely you understand that marketing surveys are often confidential and any information about who's behind it might skew the results rendering the information biased.

It's obvious you're too busy making a case for your own misgivings. Please stand aside and let others make their own choice. This isn't about you. If you don't want to participate, fine, but please don't grandstand. This isn't the time or place for a crusade.
    I thought you were asking for our help?

Now you rudely jump the guy's shit and accuse him of derailing your altruistic secret mission for simply asking a question.

(Lancaster County)

I agree with the others here and anyone who set up a survey like this would understand why we are uneasy about walling into something that is not 100% transparent in regards to its intentions. Asking a forum of people from an entire state for range preference information doesn't make sense. This especially does not make sense of what your trying to do is set up a range or improve one. If your setting up a range then you would not open this up to an entire state it makes no sense.

I would need another member who I trust and who can vouch for the validity of this survey.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast