Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Thieves in NC are Targeting Cars With Gun Related Stickers

Thieves in NC are Targeting Cars With Gun Related Stickers and Cars Parked near Gun Free Zones

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/thieve...un-free-zones/

It looks like gun thieves in North Carolina are getting smart in their search to illegally acquire guns.
    According to a local report today, police have managed to bust several thieves they say are targeting cars that have gun related stickers on the bumper or windows.
    They are also targeting cars that are parked near gun free zones. These areas force law abiding concealed carriers to leave their firearms in their vehicles where they are the target of thieves.
    According to WSOCTV,
    Just a few weeks ago, police in the University Division arrested a group of suspects officers say broke into cars specifically looking for firearms. They looked for various gun-related decals and bumper stickers to pick their targets.
    Larry Hyatt, owner of Hyatt Guns said, “They’re really advertising to criminal they may have a gun in their car so it may not be the best place to make those statements on the bumper of your car.”
    Hyatt said thieves have even lurked in his parking lot.
    “We’ve had criminals try to break in cars. They know people coming to gun shop have guns and we have a camera and we’ve caught people breaking in cars.” Hyatt said. “Fortunately, they’re in prison they didn’t get guns.”
    I predicted the theft of guns around gun free zones where people are forced to leave their firearms, usually unsecured, in their vehicles. I’ve also never been a proponent of pro-gun stickers or signs where you keep your guns. If you must display these stickers or signs, make sure you don’t leave your firearms unattended in these vehicles.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Berks County)

Default Re: Thieves in NC are Targeting Cars With Gun Related Stickers

These bubbas need to start ingesting lead.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Elk County)

I've never seen the sense in putting firearm related stickers on my vehicles. IMO, they scream, "Steal me!."

JMO,

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I've never seen the sense in putting firearm related stickers on my vehicles. IMO, they scream, "Steal me!."

JMO,

Noah
    Always said that was the case, yet some people need to advertise they are insured by Smith & Wesson

there are lots of stickers out there...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=insur...w=1366&bih=643

tho i like this one..

Last edited by Frenchy; May 21st, 2014 at 08:12 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Is this actually surprising to anyone? It's not new. Thieves will use any possible advantage to help identify the most lucrative victim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

JMO,

Noah

Also, the thieves can follow you home and steal the whole inventory.

I have always said that I won't put gun stickers on my vehicle for this specific reason. I also consider signage outside of the home alluding to guns to be silly as there is much more property to be stolen there.

This is also the specific reason that my company does not put any identifying stickers/decals on our company cars. They always felt that it would make our vehicles targets for theft/break ins.

(Centre County)

We're surprised? Since when has a lack of social restraint paid off for gun owners? Anyone who thinks gun owners should not carry themselves very differently than someone who does not own and carry firearms needs a wake up call. There are far too many gun owners acting dishonorably.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

(Allegheny County)

Reminds me of what happened in Florida after they passed Concealed carry.
    The scum just moved to the airports to rob the tourists as they left the terminals for the parking lots or as they pulled out onto the highway in their rental cars. Florida rental car companies had to pull all the advertising off the cars as well put normal license plates on them so they were not easily identified.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by iamtommyboy View Post
    I also consider signage outside of the home alluding to guns to be silly as there is much more property to be stolen there.
    Doesn't this go against our mantra that thieves prefer gun-free homes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast