Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default any suggestions for my wife? (holster suggestions)

Hey guys,

i know it ends up being a trial and effort process. I have a drawer full of holsters to prove it. But i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on carrying a female carrying a G26.

I ordered her a vanguard to try from raven concealment:

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...ster-full-kit/

and a Kt-mech full kydex holster and mag pouch. I have IWB loops for that since i have a few too. but i don't see her liking it set up for IWB. She did want another KT-mech for classes though (up till now she's used her FNP9).

anyway, just looking for any other suggestions you guys/ladies might have. What works for you or your wife/girlfriend. Her and i have taken a few classes at 3 rivers training with john brown. We both took the CCW class a few weeks ago and she's very proficient with her pistols.

I know a smaller gun would be easier to conceal and i offered to buy her the G26 as well as a really small carry. But she wants to just have one pistol that she does everything with. From classes to carrying. Which is how she ended up with the glock.

thanks for any input. Oh, i'm sure body size/type matters. So here's her last time we were out shooting together.

(that's an old faithful owb holster in the pic, she wanted to try it out since it came in pink. neither of us were impressed with their OWB hybrids).

(Delaware County)

Default Re: any suggestions for my wife? (holster suggestions)

I down own a OWB holster....but I have four IWB N8 Tactical holsters. All fit very well and you forget you are carrying. Worth every penny and then some.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
    Hey guys,

i know it ends up being a trial and effort process. I have a drawer full of holsters to prove it. But i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on carrying a female carrying a G26.

I ordered her a vanguard to try from raven concealment:

http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...ster-full-kit/

and a Kt-mech full kydex holster and mag pouch. I have IWB loops for that since i have a few too. but i don't see her liking it set up for IWB. She did want another KT-mech for classes though (up till now she's used her FNP9).

anyway, just looking for any other suggestions you guys/ladies might have. What works for you or your wife/girlfriend. Her and i have taken a few classes at 3 rivers training with john brown. We both took the CCW class a few weeks ago and she's very proficient with her pistols.

I know a smaller gun would be easier to conceal and i offered to buy her the G26 as well as a really small carry. But she wants to just have one pistol that she does everything with. From classes to carrying. Which is how she ended up with the glock.

thanks for any input. Oh, i'm sure body size/type matters. So here's her last time we were out shooting together.

(that's an old faithful owb holster in the pic, she wanted to try it out since it came in pink. neither of us were impressed with their OWB hybrids).
    I can't see the photo at work, and it's not appropriate for class work, but Mrs.K carries her S&W Shield 9mm primarily in a Flashbang.

(Lawrence County)

All depends on how she wants to carry.

Most IWB hybrids are similar. If its a "test" I would recommend the Alien Gear. They are cheap and offer good adjustability for cant and depth.

The N82 Professional is a popular choice and seems to be built for comfort. I do not have any personal experience with them.

Another IWB Hybrid option is Vigilance and you can have him add the suede backing for additional comfort. I just have the standard set up and like the build quality but sometimes think I should have got the suede back.

As far as OWB goes, I can't make any recommendations but I will suggest looking for something with full kydex, hybrid, or a kydex liner. IMO leather only for a Glock makes me a bit worried about it becoming worn and flexible and entering the trigger guard during reholstering. http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/fi...al-discharges/

I'm still trying to figure out what works for me, and getting use to each type. For certain types of clothing I am liking flashbang. I also am liking my Talon suede IWB for every day use. Another one I use is a belly band type, and found one that has pretty lace up on it :-) Hopes this helps.
    Neeter

(Susquehanna County)

I just got the wife a Galco Kingtuk for her S&W 642 and one for the Ruger LCP. She loves both of em.
    Last edited by wrangler1120; May 22nd, 2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Spelling fail
    Stay armed my friends.

(Indiana County)

Ryan, my M&P9c rides in a Foxx IWB (hybrid leather/kydex) and my Shield is in a Atomic Dog Electron (kydex).

I feel like the Foxx is a little "sturdier" when walking around since I can conceal it deeper, whereas the Electron is slimmer and curved to fit your body.

If I was living back in Wexford I'd meet up with ya so she could see if she likes one style better than another.
    Last edited by pittim; May 21st, 2014 at 11:09 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you for all the suggestions!

one of the difficult things is she's a lefty and i'm a righty. so she can't really try out my holsters and ones she doesn't like end up in a box since neither of us are going to use them.

i don't know if the flashbang will work for her or not. maybe when she's preggo and when the boobie ferry shows up

I find that wrapping a gun in leather, then sticking it inside my pants & cinching the belt down is uncomfotable. I've tried most types of IWB holsters over the years & don't like any of them. I'm 6', 175 lbs, so there's not a lot of "padding" on my hips. I almost always carry OWB with Raven Concealment holsters & can usually cover it suitably.

When I must conceal, I carry a 642 or SP101 in a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster. They're thin, lightweight, cheap ($15-20) & in addition to pocket use, you can carry them IWB. The tacky material holds the holster in place when you tighten your belt. I've used mine IWB many times & it has never moved.

Try it. If it doesn't work for you, you're only out $20.

Legal disclaimer: the Desanti Nemisis was not designed the be an IWB holster.

Edit: If your wife is going to carry IWB, she'll most likely need to buy pants a size or two larger to accommodate the extra couple inches of the gun/holster. I'm not trying to say anything derogatory about your wife, but if she's like my wife, she likes to buy pants that "fit"; if you catch my drift.
    Last edited by IronButt; May 21st, 2014 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Addition
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Allegheny County)

i hear ya. I hate asking the question FOR her. But she asks me and then i say "it's something i can ask on the board" and she says "ya do that and see what we come up with" lol.

That raven concealment vanguard is coming because it's not horribly expensive, and i figured with a pudgy little gun like the 26 it's probably her best shot at it fitting inside her waist band. and I can use it if i ever want to. (although i'm not a glock guy).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast