Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shots Fired

(Chester County)

Default Shots Fired

So, I just get done cutting the grass and putting the tractor away. I go to my pick up truck to move it back up the driveway. I begin to open the door and then from the house across the road, bang... bang... bang. I open my center console and get my 10x25 cheepie Simmons compact binocs out that I use for spotting ducks and such.

I move to the front of the truck and use the fender to steady then focus in for a look at the house. The front door of the house swings open and out come two young men and one young woman of either latino or middle eastern skin tone running for the silver 4 door Kia in the driveway. They open the doors, jump in, start the car and make a beeline in quite a hurry down the long driveway for the street. They see me watching them and make off in the opposite direction once they get on the road out of the neighborhood. I couldn't get a plate number because of the cheap optics but I got a pretty good look at the car.

I see my neighbor that lives to the right front of the house where the shots came from and we decide we must call the police. We're in agreement that there may have been a murder/s committed there. This house has been trouble to us for some time now. The owner about 40ish has two sons from a woman that he isn't married too that sometimes lives or stays there. The sons are about 17 and 15. There has been obvious drug activity there given the amount of traffic that has gone up and down the driveway of vehicles that are mostly unfamiliar. None of the people that jumped into the car were the sons of the owners.

The Township Police show up with two back ups. I explained to him what I saw. They know this house, the sons and people that frequent the place. They decide to take riot style shields with them and go investigate. They search the outside premises for about 20 minutes and find nothing. The house is closed up and the Police do not enter. They start walking back to the street where their cars are parked and as we are talking the owner of the house pulls up. My neighbor and I listen as the Officer explains why they are there and follow him in their cars up to the house.

After about 20 more minutes I see the Police depart one at a time and another car with the house owner's baby mom in it pull up the driveway. I hear yelling and all the lights are on in the house. This woman according to my neighbor is pregnant again but from a different man. The shouting continues but I go inside to shower and get my dinner.

I truly believed and had every right to believe a murder/s had occurred at this troubled house. The problem here is the sons are left to their own accord. There is no adult supervision, people come and go in and out of the place all hours of the day and night. The local 15 or so year olds use the house as a hangout with no adults around. No one apparently was murdered but this is an ongoing saga to this house of troubles. It's a darn shame too because it is a beautiful house set on a very nice piece of land with a pond out here in rural Chester county. I knew the couple that built the house but they divorced and sold it to the present owner.

I keep on thinking how much better things would be if they just legalized drugs and all the druggies would go to the government suppliers in the urban centers and leave us country folk alone. I'm pretty certain that the people that own or live in that house have a bumper sticker that reads "My other house is in a trailer park"

The house of troubles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JenniferG; May 20th, 2014 at 12:51 AM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Default Re: Shots Fired

Oh yeah, like I told the officer, "it sounded like my old 357, very loud and a few seconds between shots".

(Beaver County)

Glad that there apparently was no one harmed by the miscreants that you observed and/or by the one's living there.

Though it sounds like inevitably something bad is bound to happen there,due to the quality of the people,who have unfotunately become your neighbors.

I would be extra vigilant since the occupants of the car that was speeding away,observed you observing them.

Be safe.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Chester County)

I would be extra vigilant since the occupants of the car that was speeding away,observed you observing them.
    This came up during the discussion with my neighbor while deciding to call the Police. It's a concern and the Police are aware of the situation and know that I carry for self defense and have for the entire time I have lived here, 20 years.

I had to be somewhat stern with the young officer that showed up that this was not your average firecracker in the backyard tomfoolery. This was definitely gun shots and three people fleeing the scene. That's when the older officer from the next township over chimed in that they must investigate further and prepare to do so by gathering their protective gear. They did alright after a bit of hesitancy at first while they took my measure.

My job at work involves investigation of railroad incidents and the other officers from my township know me and understand when I make a claim like has happened in the past it's because I have weighed all the facts before dialing. My jeep was vandalized in my driveway and it cost $1500 to get repaired last year. They scratched into the windows with a some type of implement personal derogatory remarks about my anatomy if you get my drift and scratched the words into the paint on the doors on the driver's side. It was directed at me personally and I had to have it fixed because who drives around with word "c**t" all over their vehicle?

I have taken steps to extend my zone of security around my house and onto the end of my driveway but the police chief told me no booby traps or claymores. Motion sensing cameras and floodlights will have to suffice. Geez when did living in the country become like living inside the wire at Da Nang?

(Beaver County)

There is no excuse for vandalizing someones property,period.

If you have issues with someone talk them out or ignore that person.

Only a lowlife scumbag would vandilize instead.

I'm glad to hear that you have taken additional safety precautions since this has happened.

Though I get the feeling that you can take pretty good care of yourself,it's always good to be even more situationally aware when you have a**hole neighbors like them.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Berks County)

Jennifer,

Same situation here at my place in rural Berks. Shots fired - and I know full well the lads are not old enough to have firearms.

My property was vandalised, too. The only consolation was one of the 'friends' wrecked his car when I chased them off with "police are on the way".

Situation has calmed down considerably. Not sure why, as all the actors are still in the picture.

Good luck

And GO NAVY!

R

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    This came up during the discussion with my neighbor while deciding to call the Police. It's a concern and the Police are aware of the situation and know that I carry for self defense and have for the entire time I have lived here, 20 years.

I had to be somewhat stern with the young officer that showed up that this was not your average firecracker in the backyard tomfoolery. This was definitely gun shots and three people fleeing the scene. That's when the older officer from the next township over chimed in that they must investigate further and prepare to do so by gathering their protective gear. They did alright after a bit of hesitancy at first while they took my measure.

My job at work involves investigation of railroad incidents and the other officers from my township know me and understand when I make a claim like has happened in the past it's because I have weighed all the facts before dialing. My jeep was vandalized in my driveway and it cost $1500 to get repaired last year. They scratched into the windows with a some type of implement personal derogatory remarks about my anatomy if you get my drift and scratched the words into the paint on the doors on the driver's side. It was directed at me personally and I had to have it fixed because who drives around with word "c**t" all over their vehicle?

I have taken steps to extend my zone of security around my house and onto the end of my driveway but the police chief told me no booby traps or claymores. Motion sensing cameras and floodlights will have to suffice. Geez when did living in the country become like living inside the wire at Da Nang?
    That's what happens to snitches. I mean, it shouldn't, but in the real world it does.

Wait, did your jeep being vandalized have to do with this current incident or another incident?
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Philadelphia County)

Jennifer, I am just wondering, what weapons were the police armed with when they approached the house?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by dazeeman View Post
    That's what happens to snitches. I mean, it shouldn't, but in the real world it does.
    Snitches is a term used by dirtbags and cowards that lack the courage to do the right thing.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast