Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default LCTF as second ID - LOL !

I was down in Marylandistan yesterday for the Beer Bacon Music-fest and out of state people were required to show 2 forms of ID (I think mainly to stop underage drinking -- but really? I'm 50 and don't look anywhere near 21 !) - the security guard was looking at everyone's ID as policy... I gave him my drivers license and LCTF, I thought he was going to pee himself when he saw what it was ! As it was MD, I wasn't carrying, and thought the look on his face was worth showing my LCTF to an "official"

Cb

Default Re: LCTF as second ID - LOL !

That is some good stuff right there.

The only sad part is "STAN" countries have zero to no gun laws. Now, People's Republics are another ballgame.

CL

(Northampton County)

I've found that people in crazy ass states think it's a firearms ID card to buy guns. It doesn't exactly scream "Concealed Carry Permit." I know the NJ FID says something like "Permit to Purchase and Carry Rifles, Shotguns and Ammo." Mass, NY, most have permits just to take handguns to the range and purchase them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I've found that people in crazy ass states think it's a firearms ID card to buy guns. It doesn't exactly scream "Concealed Carry Permit." I know the NJ FID says something like "Permit to Purchase and Carry Rifles, Shotguns and Ammo." Mass, NY, most have permits just to take handguns to the range and purchase them.
    Sadly there are people in PA who think you need a LTCF to purchase a handgun.

You're lucky he didn't call the real cops on you...being that it was MD.

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    I was down in Marylandistan yesterday for the Beer Bacon Music-fest and out of state people were required to show 2 forms of ID (I think mainly to stop underage drinking -- but really? I'm 50 and don't look anywhere near 21 !) - the security guard was looking at everyone's ID as policy... I gave him my drivers license and LCTF, I thought he was going to pee himself when he saw what it was ! As it was MD, I wasn't carrying, and thought the look on his face was worth showing my LCTF to an "official"

Cb
    did this in dc when I was carded at a bar, I'm 32 and look older. Bouncer had no idea what to do. "you have a licence?" that is a licence "a drivers licence?" yes I have one "can I see it" No I already gave you ID, look there's my birthday... I eventually caved and gave him my DL

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by cigarmanpa View Post
    did this in dc when I was carded at a bar, I'm 32 and look older. Bouncer had no idea what to do. "you have a licence?" that is a licence "a drivers licence?" yes I have one "can I see it" No I already gave you ID, look there's my birthday... I eventually caved and gave him my DL
    I've done the same thing. I usually just say that thats the only identification I have on me since I don't plan on driving after drinking why bring it. The looks I have gotten are priceless. I'm a small woman with a british accent, no one thinks I would be carrying a gun on me.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post

Cb
    How did the festival go solrac7? I on theradio this morning people were complaining there was no where near enough bacon. The promoters saidthey had plenty but the cooks couldn't keep up with demand.

When I went on my wife's bank account, I showed my D. L. and my Utah non-resident permit. The lady said 'oh, my husband has one of those'.

Nice.

(Bucks County)

I use my LTCF all the time as a secondary form of ID. It's state issued just like my DL. Never had a problem
    A gun is a tool in the hands of a weapon, not the other way around.

(Bucks County)

Won/t be long until possessing an LTCF is like having a hollowpoint and punishable with a mandatory prison sentence in the People's Republics.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast