Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default All of this over a beer? Man used 2-year-old son as human shield

How low can someone go over a beer?

As usual never enough information provided in story to tell the whole event.

http://www.wxix.com/Global/story.asp?S=8463676

Man used 2-year-old son as human shield

(HAMMOND, IN) - Court records say a Chesterton man used his 2-year-old son as a human shield in a fight with two park rangers.

Joshua Don Young refused to pour out his beer at a federal campground on May 3rd.

Alcohol is prohibited at the Dunewood Campground in the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, where the rangers found Young with his child. Young's refusal to cooperate sparked an altercation.

The records show Young took one ranger's baton and hit both rangers in the head with it. After pepper spray failed to subdue Young, a ranger drew her gun. The documents say that's when Young grabbed his son and held the boy in front of his body.

Young was arraigned yesterday in U.S. District Court in Hammond and charged with two counts of assaulting federal officers

(Chester County)

Default Re: All of this over a beer? Man used 2-year-old son as human shield

There is nothing to say but what a fucking coward!!!!!! I don't like to use language like that on this board but there is no other way to say it. I would love to see that asshole jailed and never allowed to see his son again. Yes I am a parent, yes I am disgusted, and you can bet your ass I am pissed. To put your child in harms way like that intentionally, shows you have no love for them and there for do not deserve to have them.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lancaster County)

Maybe it was really good beer?
    He was one of God’s own prototypes—a high-powered mutant of some kind who was never even considered for mass production. He was too weird to live and too rare to die....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Delta View Post
    Maybe it was really good beer?
    It could have been a hard to get microbrew.........

Interesting to say the least...

(Lehigh County)

The man was REALLY thirsty.

(Chester County)

I have to say all the comments here are a little upsetting to me. Am I the only one who thinks it was horrid that the guy grabbed his kid to use as a shield? That child is innocent and had no clue about what is going on and dear old Dad grabs him to use him as a shield, I mean come on people it is not a funny matter. Children being put in harms way on purpose or by accident either is not anything to laugh or jest about.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by knighthawk06699 View Post
    I have to say all the comments here are a little upsetting to me. Am I the only one who thinks it was horrid that the guy grabbed his kid to use as a shield? That child is innocent and had no clue about what is going on and dear old Dad grabs him to use him as a shield, I mean come on people it is not a funny matter. Children being put in harms way on purpose or by accident either is not anything to laugh or jest about.
    Yes, you're the only one offended by some assclown using a defenseless 2 year old as a shield. C'mon man.
    The scumbag in question deserves a severe beating, thats a given. Do you really need everyone to post the obvious? Is that going to help you somehow feel better about the situation?
    Some of us use humor as a tool for dealing with the seemingly never ending acts of disgusting behavior we're exposed to on a daily basis.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, c'mon people, let's not make light of a horrible situation. We have to be veeerrryy serious about sad things. I mean, no jokes about politics, (very serious matter) as polititians decide who lives and dies. No jokes about stupidity, some stupid people can't help it. No jokes about race, religion, sexual preferance or occupation, because some of those are just despicable. As a matter of fact, let's be serious and somber in all things. If there is a sad situation (which in this day and age is a common occurance), don't make light of it just to make yourself feel better, because that in itself may upset someone, regardless of if it puts a smile on someone elses face, remember, everyone and everything that you make jokes about, affects someone in some way... Be sure to keep that in mind next time, please, for everyones sanity.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by sluggie24 View Post
    It could have been a hard to get microbrew.........
    Main reason I brew my own.

WAY harder to score chicks after they see you pull a "brew preservation at all cost"...as I prefer the term.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast