Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Any NASCAR fans.....

ever been to Daytona for a race? My wife talked me into entering a radio contest, and we won the grand prize. We get round trip air, two nights hotel, tickets for the July 5th night race and some spending cash. It just happens to fall on our anniversary too. I've only been watching NASCAR for a few years. This will be my first live race. I can't wait!!!!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Any NASCAR fans.....

You'll love it. Like any sporting event it is sooo much better in person than on TV. I worked as an armed security guard for a while at Dover Downs and the NASCAR races were great (the races were great, not so some of the idiot fans). Also, if you like NASCAR a lot you can go to Pocono and for a little over a $100 (IIRC) you can ride (3 laps) in a race car or for more you can actually go through the classes and drive one for yourself (in the low 4 figures now).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(York County)

you lucky b@st@rd...
    congratulations!!
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

(Berks County)

You'll have a blast. I go to both Dover races each year, and it's always a fun day.

(Allegheny County)

just remember...

race car spelled backwards is...

race car.

(Chester County)

I used to live in Cape Canaveral and went to the Daytona 500 every year. I'm not a NASCAR "fan" by any stretch of the word, but it's an event that lives up to anyone's expectations. The most memorable I got to go to was in '88. I remember when I sat like a deer caught in headlights as pieces of Richard Petty's car came flying toward me, stopped only by a chain link fence, and when Bobby and Davey Allison ended the race coming in at first and second place, nobody wanted to leave that day (I still say Davey hung back to play blocker and let the old man have his day).

I always rode my motorcycle so getting through Daytona traffic was a breeze, bike parking was up near one of the gates, and for $8, (looooooong time ago) I could buy a walk-in infield ticket, sit at the fence and watch the race. It was also fun to get up and stretch the legs by cruising the pit area and repair hangers during the race. Half the time there was as much excitement going on behind me at the infield parties as there was in front of me on the track. And seeing how close these guys actually are to each other while going 200 mph is something you can only truly appreciate when you see it 50 feet in front of you. HiDef TV will never be able to capture that no matter how good it gets.

(Allegheny County)

Never been there for a race, toured it once though. It's been said before, but someone famous (I forget who) said "If you ain't a race fan after being at a race, you better have your pulse checked." Nothing like it.

I hope to make it to a Bristol night race before NASCAR sells out that small venue for a more lucrative race in a major city on a cookie-cutter track.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

(Wayne County)

Be prepared to stand the whole time. Don't know why but thats what they do. Have a gret time and bring plenty of spending money.

Mike Mc

(Beaver County)

We actually had a chance to get tickets for the Daytona 500 this year. A co-worker was selling them. Since it was right around my wife's birthday, I was going to buy them and take her. She decided at the last minute that she would rather have a gun.

(Wayne County)

Cool Re: Any NASCAR fans.....

I`m with ramtuf Dover is a great track 1 mile. Been to Daytona and was not impressed. Can`t see half the track unless your way up. Also the being the birth place of NASCAR you think they would improve the rest rooms. I`ll stick with short tracks. Good Luck.

Qtrborecrazy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast