Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question How secure are Pennsylvanian gun rights?.

Hey everyone

greetings from behind the iron curtain of NJ.

I have been a long time lurker of this forum. And finally registered because i could not find a very recent answer to this question

my visits to the state have always been a pleasure and would like to call this great state home someday.

In the short term all seems well despite being surrounded by anti-states.
    But in ten years do you see PA as another NY or NJ.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: How secure are Pennsylvanian gun rights?.

Our gun rights are only as secure as the amount of effort applied to keep them.

When interest fades or we become lazy in out efforts they could disappear.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

It depends on the future demographics. More, and more metro area suburbs are voting democrat, and have been for some time. Of course urban centers have always gone democrat. Most of PA's population is in, and around the bigger cities so the tail is wagging the dog so to speak.

However, we do have somewhat strong 2A support statewide, even from some democrats, and our state (Commonwealth) Constitution has VERY strong 2A language. Courts may trump that if we get a lawsuit going to a liberal judge.

I will say this. They are a HECK of a lot more secure than NJ, NY, MD, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    It depends on the future demographics. More, and more metro area suburbs are voting democrat, and have been for some time. Of course urban centers have always gone democrat. Most of PA's population is in, and around the bigger cities so the tail is wagging the dog so to speak.

However, we do have somewhat strong 2A support statewide, even from some democrats, and our state (Commonwealth) Constitution has VERY strong 2A language. Courts may trump that if we get a lawsuit going to a liberal judge.

^ if trends continue in the direction they've been going, PA is headed the same way as NY. Trends like the majority working gov't jobs or on the gov't free cheese, big cities having more clout due to larger populations, demonization of gun owners. Check out the story of the guy in the Bronx who had an "arsenal" and was described as "ready for war". Most of his arsenal consisted of airguns. And he owned at least 50 bullets ! The horror !

(Chester County)

Well here is PA's version of the 2A:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Art. 1, § 21 (enacted 1790, art. IX, § 21).
    However, as we have seen in the recent NJ case, a liberal, activist judge can rule that "not to be questioned" can be further limited for the public good, or public safety. Of course this only affects the law abiding, and not gang bangers, or crazies.

(Northampton County)

Has anybody else noticed the surge of people from jersey asking this question in the past week?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post

And the future demographics depends upon the amount of resistance the far left/anti-gun crowd is met with.

I left NJ 8 years ago. (And would have preferred to have done it 20-30 years earlier.)
    Mostly because I couldn't stand the left-minded people that have overrun that state.

If we don't want the same to happen PA. Then we must stand up to them.
    Go to every town meeting, school board meeting, don't sit quietly when you overhear a leftminded/anit-gun conversation, go the polls on election day and vote accordingly, etc ...
    --ET

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Has anybody else noticed the surge of people from jersey asking this question in the past week?
    The people in jersey have got to be insane for wanting to join up with a bunch of domestic terrorist!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by euro88 View Post
    ..............But in ten years do you see PA as another NY or NJ.
    Yes. The takers out number and thus out vote the producers.

I believe it will happen quicker than 10 years...within the next 2-3 election cycles. The Dems took every top executive spot last election in PA to my surprise.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Yes I have. And no offense to them but I hope they stay there.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast