Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Ohio:Senate gun bill makes concealed carry changes without 'stand your ground' langua

Like the House bill, Senate Bill 338 would:

Reduce the number of hours of training required to obtain a concealed carry license (from 12 to eight)
    Exempt all retired or honorably discharged armed forces veterans instead of just those out of service in the past six years
    Exempt people who have completed training at the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy or the annual firearms re-certification program
    Exempt Ohioans on active duty in the armed services or in the Peace Corps, Volunteers in Service to America, or the U.S. foreign service and their spouses from license renewal requirements
    Allow state officials from the attorney general's office to carry firearms while investigating nursing homes, Medicaid programs, patient abuse and other health care crimes
    http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....bles_hous.html
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Ohio:Senate gun bill makes concealed carry changes without 'stand your ground' la

Any chance of reciprocity with Pennsylvania?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Ohio:Senate gun bill makes concealed carry changes without 'stand your ground' la

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Call our AG and ask her. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    There's chance as in no chance in hell with Horse tooth jackass as AG
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Butler County)

This is one of those rare occasions where Kane is not the (only) problem. Her predecessors did not get reciprocity done because the Ohio law requires "substantially similar" laws for a reciprocity agreement and the folks who do such things in the OH AG's office have, for years, concluded that Pennsylvania's lack of a training requirement is enough to torpedo "substantially similar."

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Call our AG and ask her. LOL.
    Funny you mention that I sent my right to know request and followed up this week, supposedly they are sending me the letters that the attorney general is supposed to send our requesting reciprocity. Not that she wouldn't then change said agreements anyway but I felt it was important that they knew we were making sure she performed her due diligence. I'll post up whatever I receive and if I actually get copies of the letters I'll follow up with the appropriate people in those states to make sure they actually received it.