Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Cobra Riggers belt

I am looking to build an OC rig for the range and competitions. A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of the Cobra riggers belt as a sturdy platform. After watching videos and reading up on it, I would like to get some feedback if anyone has encountered this product. Thanks.

Default Re: Cobra Riggers belt

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Steel View Post
    I am looking to build an OC rig for the range and competitions. A friend of mine pointed me in the direction of the Cobra riggers belt as a sturdy platform. After watching videos and reading up on it, I would like to get some feedback if anyone has encountered this product. Thanks.
    20 bucks even cheaper at Cabela's i think

Propper 360 Tactical Belt with Black Oxide Buckle

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

There are a lot of makers out there that use the Cobra buckle when making their belts so you will want to find one that suits your needs. They are not all created equal.

Is there a specific brand your looking at?

I carry High Speed Gear stuff and run their 1.5" Cobra belt for EDC and their 1.75" belt inside their Suregrip padded belt. The 1.5 belt is actually stiffer than the wider belt.
    <a href=http://vigitac.com target=_blank>http://vigitac.com</a>

(Lehigh County)

I am looking for a duty belt of sorts. Something rigid enough to add a few pistol and AR mag holsters and pistol holster. I like the cobra buckle though. My EDC belt I have is from Crossbreed which I am very happy with.

(Lawrence County)

Why don't you just buy a duty belt then? I got my duty belt for $24 at the local uniform store...
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Lancaster County)

I would take into consideration if you wan to thread it thru your belt loops in your pants or wear it as an over belt. Once you set one up they can be hard to adjust for fit. the tag end is usually finished with velcro. you would have to thread your stuff onto the belt set your sizing then slide stuff over the velcrod adjustment end. once that stuff is slid over that end its a pain to adjust. If your going to thread it thru your pants that just ads to it. I cut the tag and as short as i could and that also took care of the velcro

Just throwing that out there.
    <a href=http://vigitac.com target=_blank>http://vigitac.com</a>

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilance View Post
    There are a lot of makers out there that use the Cobra buckle when making their belts so you will want to find one that suits your needs. They are not all created equal.

Is there a specific brand your looking at?

I carry High Speed Gear stuff and run their 1.5" Cobra belt for EDC and their 1.75" belt inside their Suregrip padded belt. The 1.5 belt is actually stiffer than the wider belt.
    Are you in LanCo Tactical now, or better question, where is your new location?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Steel View Post
    I am looking to build an OC rig for the range and competitions.
    If your competition includes IDPA be sure to choose a belt that fits your belt loops, as you can only skip a max of 2 loops. At my first match I literally walked in off the street, right from work, and shot my EDC gear - full-size 1911 IWB. The only current difference between my EDC and match gear is a vertical mag holder for the matches. And I don't mean I use the same 'kind' of gear, I mean I actually compete with my carry gear. The right belt (mine is a Cabela's Double Duty belt) makes all the difference.

My 2¢

I've been using the same SpecOps riggers belt for years, served me well thru Afghanistan, have done body weight and full kit rappels with the integrated steel hook many times, the thing is bomb proof.

http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical...er-s-belt.html
    -Ben

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by IIIIIREPOIIIII View Post
    20 bucks even cheaper at Cabela's i think

Propper 360 Tactical Belt with Black Oxide Buckle

No offense but if that is supposed to be a gun belt that thing sucks. There is no way I could do that with a wilderness belt.