Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays???

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Bring an extra 20% more shells than you think you will need. Broken birds from the traps will occur.
    bring extra shells yes for some extra shooting , but if a bird breaks coming out of the trap why would you shoot at it and waste that shell...aka if a broken clay happens you wouldnt need extra shells to accomodate for that?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    bring extra shells yes for some extra shooting , but if a bird breaks coming out of the trap why would you shoot at it and waste that shell...aka if a broken clay happens you wouldnt need extra shells to accomodate for that?
    FYI they count the number of clays you launch, so u may want to be careful with how many "Extra" clays you decide to shoot. They are ok with a few extra to acomidate for broken birds and to show the shot before the first guy goes but if u get out of control they WILL charge u for them ......

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    FYI they count the number of clays you launch, so u may want to be careful with how many "Extra" clays you decide to shoot. They are ok with a few extra to acomidate for broken birds and to show the shot before the first guy goes but if u get out of control they WILL charge u for them ......
    Of course they do, but its like .39 an extra clay...if there is a station i like and want to shoot more than the 6-8 for that station and no one is behind me waiting i dont mind throwing a few extra for the minor cost (talking pennies here)

You mark down the # of broken clays per station per honor system (I would never mess with that system, as its one of my favorite places to shoot)

I was in no means implying anything else...just the fact if a clay comes out broken why would you shoot at it and waste a round so why would you need to bring extra shells...the reason i bring extra shells is for what i just mentioned in this post...there is nothing against it and it says on the sheet how much your charged for extra clays

LVSC is a place i visit quite frequently
    Last edited by Svickstc; May 14th, 2014 at 02:59 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourture View Post
    Has anybody been here? Going this Sunday for a friends's birthday and looking for any advice/hints/past experiences......
    did u go sunday ? I was there we waited about an hour to get on the course . . .

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RBELARDI View Post
    did u go sunday ? I was there we waited about an hour to get on the course . . .
    Yeah, we got there around 11, registered and had lunch. Got started around 12:30 or so on the blue course-what a blast! Both "rabbit runs" were killer.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by tourture View Post
    Yeah, we got there around 11, registered and had lunch. Got started around 12:30 or so on the blue course-what a blast! Both "rabbit runs" were killer.
    Ya the second one that bounced like 10 feet in the air was a lot of fun . . .

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Of course they do, but its like .39 an extra clay...if there is a station i like and want to shoot more than the 6-8 for that station and no one is behind me waiting i dont mind throwing a few extra for the minor cost (talking pennies here)

You mark down the # of broken clays per station per honor system (I would never mess with that system, as its one of my favorite places to shoot)

I was in no means implying anything else...just the fact if a clay comes out broken why would you shoot at it and waste a round so why would you need to bring extra shells...the reason i bring extra shells is for what i just mentioned in this post...there is nothing against it and it says on the sheet how much your charged for extra clays

LVSC is a place i visit quite frequently
    If you are scoring by the rules, you have to re-shoot pairs when a good pair is not presented. If the first target of a true pair is a good one, I'm shooting it because I'm focused on that target and not even looking for the second one yet. In the case of a report pair, the target will not have been thrown so if the second is bad, you'll have yet to know about the breakage.

If I don't see that the second bird in a true pair has broken and someone has called "no target", I may shoot anyway just for the fun of it.....doesn't affect anything scoring wise.

The no target rules:

Report pair- First bird is established as a hit or miss. Re-shoot the pair to establish the second target. Shooter must make a legitimate attempt at the first target.

True pair- Nothing established. Re-shoot the pair.

I usually carry about 20% extra as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12